Cat calls while working out

Options
So I decided to go for a walk this morning while I had my coffee. It's miserably hot here in Baltimore city so I decided to wear my sports bra and shorts. This is saying a lot given that I felt very self-conscious/had body image today after indulgent day with my husband yesterday.
So as I'm walking and enjoying being outside when some guy on a bike (50's-60's) whistles at me and shouts something I didn't quite catch.

Now I'm left feeling more self conscious and kind of gross. Should I have been flattered? I just feel a touch ashamed and like I should go cover up.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    tauntonmom wrote: »
    Ugh. Know that the unwelcome attention can happen regardless of how you are dressed, and the shame is his, not yours. If it helps, imagine that he shouted: "I've been fired from every well paying job I've had due to my inability to be appropriate around my female coworkers. Had to sell my car, and now this bike is my only mode of transportation."

I :heart: this. So true.
  • marialba67
    marialba67 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You did nothing wrong. He was a h*ckin' idiot. There's always one. I'll leave it to the "Girl you regret talking to at a party" to say it best:

hmjiccucewqt.gif

And, of course, Granger -

vaxk3b7qcg5i.gif

• maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    This would make sense if I was on private property...instead of a public sidewalk in downtown Baltimore.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    By 50 he should certainly know how to behave in public - apparent he does not. You did nothing wrong, he did! Enjoy your walks and dress appropriately for the weather. Ignore the morons.