45 and feeling better

I became really depressed when my children started leaving home. I withdrew from everybody. My husband and I went to an Alan Jackson concert and we were second row from the front. The camera panned across the audience and I saw myself and knew I had to change. I’m about 40 pounds down from about 10 months ago. I have a long ways to go but finally feel like I might be able to do this thing and I’m feeling better than I have in years. zikcm10rgvtb.jpeg

Replies

• nisie3
    nisie3 Posts: 99 Member
    You look amazing, not only have you lost weight but you look like younger too!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    You look great, you look younger and healthier!
  • marthaaustin74
    marthaaustin74 Posts: 28 Member
    Thank you both. Sometimes all it takes is a kind comment to help keep being motivated. ❤️
  • ms_maruska
    ms_maruska Posts: 119 Member
    Awesome! Well done!
  • marthaaustin74
    Thank you ❤️
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    wow.. you do look younger... happy..and just plain GREAT!!!!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Looking good!!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Good work! Keep it up
  • marthaaustin74
    Thank you all very much!!
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    wow that is so inspirational, the difference is very noticeable. you look great, awesome job!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    yes it is hard when kids leave home, you will get thru it and find stuff to do, yes take care of yourself!
  • marthaaustin74
    Thank you all so much. It’s hard for me to see the difference so that’s why I posted the side by side pictures.
  • JMinney7
    JMinney7 Posts: 61 Member
    I can empathize. My youngest just graduated high school and I am definitely feeling the empty nest thing. It's hard to deal with the sudden change from having your life revolve around your kids to having your own life. For me, it feels like my whole purpose in life just changed and I'm battling against turning to "comfort foods" and eating from boredom. You are looking great! You can do it :smile:
  • kellyswimmer
    kellyswimmer Posts: 581 Member
    you look great and younger too.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 522 Member
    Good Job, Martha! :)

There's nothing like a camera, or a sneaky photograph to wake us from our slumber, eh? lol
  • marthaaustin74
    JMinney7 wrote: »
    I can empathize. My youngest just graduated high school and I am definitely feeling the empty nest thing. It's hard to deal with the sudden change from having your life revolve around your kids to having your own life. For me, it feels like my whole purpose in life just changed and I'm battling against turning to "comfort foods" and eating from boredom. You are looking great! You can do it :smile:

Thank you so much!!! You’ve got this. Now it’s OUR time and you definitely deserve it!!

• Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    You look fabulous! Especially your bright eyes and smile. Even your skin tone is better (I notice the better I eat the clearer my skin is getting). Good for you.
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    You look awesome! you have great skin!
  • HazelMayes
    HazelMayes Posts: 187 Member
    You look great!
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    You look great and it must have really surprised your kids when they came home for a visit! Keep up the fantastic work!