But I Look the Same :( :(

Terytha
Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
Just me whining a bit.

I've lost 38 ish pounds.

I took the same picture in the same place wearing the same clothes. No discernible changes. Looking at myself naked, I have knees and that's it.

You'd think nearly 40 lbs would mean something more than just my knees looking nicer. :(

I know, I know, I'll get there, it's just so hard to desperately want to be thin and put in 4 months of hard work for just a smaller number. I want a smaller self more.

40 lbs sounds like a big number but I guess it's not compared to the bigger number I need to drop. :(

Replies

• VictorSmashes
    VictorSmashes Posts: 173 Member
    Have you measured anywhere? Have you checked your profile view as well? Has your posture changed at all?

You're right, 38 lbs is a lot and you should congratulate yourself. But you're still right to feel down if you can't SEE the changes. Perhaps you're not looking in the right places (but I dunno). Another issue that you might be running into is losing fat but not toning... Are you exercising as well?

I'm only asking a bunch because I want you to find out what you're missing and hopefully something will help. :)
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    You will get there.
    How do your clothes feel on you now? Are they any looser?
    Have you tried putting on smaller clothes you couldn't fit into before?
    Also, how baggy are the clothes in your picture? Baggy clothes can mask the shape of your body.

Don't forget that you can be losing fat from around your organs, and the place I overlook the most, the back.

And hey, even if you can't see a difference yet, 38lbs lost is a massive achievement and you should be incredibly proud of yourself. That kind of weight loss takes the motivation and will power lots could only dream of.

https://ribbit2ribbit.wordpress.com/tag/what-weighs-40-pounds/
    Here is an site showing what the weight you lost is in terms of real world objects.
    I hope that makes you feel a bit better and reminds you of just how far you have come even if you cant see it.

Oh god, 40 lbs of fat just sitting there is so gross.

I assume its almost all come off my back, but that sucks. :/
  • ProgressShowing
    ProgressShowing Posts: 62 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    Just me whining a bit.

I've lost 38 ish pounds.

I took the same picture in the same place wearing the same clothes. No discernible changes. Looking at myself naked, I have knees and that's it.

You'd think nearly 40 lbs would mean something more than just my knees looking nicer. :(

I know, I know, I'll get there, it's just so hard to desperately want to be thin and put in 4 months of hard work for just a smaller number. I want a smaller self more.

40 lbs sounds like a big number but I guess it's not compared to the bigger number I need to drop. :(

I hear what your saying, I look at my pics and see little change, even naked. Others say they see a definite change (I've lost 30 lbs) and I am down a size and a half around the waist... I feel much better too.

Keep doing what you're doing, it's working. Let others judge your appearance because you really are your own worst critic... I know I am. You're doing great, be kinder to yourself.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Other than my thinner face and a little looser clothing, I seriously didn't see much change (naked) after 30 lbs off. But now nearly 60 lbs, it's a HUGE difference! You'll get there.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    Just me whining a bit.

I've lost 38 ish pounds.

Take a photo wearing different clothes. Even if you have to go to a store changing room to do it, find something close fitting and take photos. (Even if you don't think it's particularly flattering you'll probably be able to see some differences, but if you can find something that you think looks good as well, that would be even better!)

It can be really hard to be objective, even if there really is a difference that others can see - it can take a while for your mind to accept it. It's also sadly true that the heavier we are, the less noticeable it is at first. The last 10lbs I lost made way more difference to my figure than the first 40 or 50 did!

I know it's discouraging. But trust in the process and you will start to see a difference eventually. Take lots of photos even if you hate them (you don't have to show them to anyone), so that you can see your progression. Wearing closer-fitting clothes really makes a difference too, I found that myself! *hugs*
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    I didn’t see a difference til I got clothes that fit me!