Whats you weakness

Options
LeighAlan1
LeighAlan1 Posts: 200 Member
ok so my dentist will despair but for years now I have compensated quitting smoking with sucking on extra strong mints. I have a pack a day roughly (sometimes less, sometimes more) I get that, out of control feeling when I know I don't have them as a go to. I'm pretty sure its added to my weight gain too (understandably). Going cold turkey with this but wondered if anyone else is so draw to mints/sugar in such a way. Seems dumb to fight losing weight with mint sweets.

Replies

• mermaidsgrave
    mermaidsgrave Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My food weakness is nachos.. I literally cannot say no to pulled pork nachos with queso! I have to choose restaurants that I know don’t sell them.
    Also kettle corn is too dangerous to have in the house.
  • mermaidsgrave
    Options
    ok so my dentist will despair but for years now I have compensated quitting smoking with sucking on extra strong mints. I have a pack a day roughly (sometimes less, sometimes more) I get that, out of control feeling when I know I don't have them as a go to. I'm pretty sure its added to my weight gain too (understandably). Going cold turkey with this but wondered if anyone else is so draw to mints/sugar in such a way. Seems dumb to fight losing weight with mint sweets.

Love your profile pic by the way! Great beard!
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My weakness is definitely Tennessee sour mash. I can't have just one ;);)

Which of course leads to raiding the fridge or frying up some eggs
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Kryptonite really sucks
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    chips (or crisps for Americans) and corn chips too. Cannot for the life of me eat the recommended portion. Doesn't even touch the sides. I do the entire family sized bag in one sitting. Or two, if i'm trying to control myself.

The other thing is Ferrero Rocher chocolate balls. Entire box in one go. Easy.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Wine
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Kryptonite really sucks

Surprised you didn't say bacon :p
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    Hm...now this is a tough one, cause I've got so many. Um...lets go with self confidence. Idk how people are confident in themselves, makes no sense to me at all.
  • ruffneckred
    ruffneckred Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Embarrassed to say I tuned in to see how many bagged on the title of the thread... grammar nazis are usually good for a laugh. So reflecting on that and ignoring that the entire thread is about food (chocolate please) I can see that I like to laugh at the expense of others. Bad me, no chocolate for a week....
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I actually usually have a couple of mints after dinner...maybe 8pm. That's when I can "snacky." I just want something sweet. I'm not actually hungry. If I run out of mints, I drink caffeine free tea with a small amount of honey.

I don't think it's a "weakness," just a strong habit.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and doughnuts. If either are available I’ll struggle to pass it up.

Personality wise, it would seem I struggle with will power when my favourites are presented to me.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Beer and bbq brisket- ribs - pulled pork - smoked sausage- bAked beans - potato salad - slaw - all the bbq!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Good cookies. Like chocolate chip, or peanut butter with a chocolate kiss on top.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Anything sugary, but ice cream is my major downfall.
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Kryptonite really sucks

Surprised you didn't say bacon :p

Bacon.

Also.....

More bacon
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Beer and bbq brisket- ribs - pulled pork - smoked sausage- bAked beans - potato salad - slaw - all the bbq!

I don’t think ive ever had “real” bbq
  • mermaidsgrave
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    chips (or crisps for Americans) Easy.

Americans don’t say crisps....

English chips = American Fries
    English Crisps = American Chips
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    There are very few foods that make me lose control. Haagen Diaz or Persian ice cream are a couple of them, and a good tiramisu. Otherwise im good.

Other things besides food are my weaknesses.
  • mermaidsgrave
    Options
    I legit don’t think I could ever give up peanut butter