70 pounds down since April 1, 2019 [Keto/OMAD]

Well, I'm nowhere near where I want to be yet, but after stepping on the scales today I felt like I wanted to post anyway, you know?

Around my birthday through February and into March I took a really good, hard look at the way I was living my life and how it had spiraled out of control. I wanted to change, and honestly, I wasn't entirely sure how to go about it. Initially, I started basically cutting back on portions immensely. Cutting out snacking, meals were for the most part I thought were more or less healthy in comparison to what I was eating. I did lose weight, and lost around 10 pounds towards the end of April and thought that was incredible. Somewhat slow in comparison to what I was reading with others doing Keto or IF among other things, but decent.

Then towards the end of April, I forget exactly what date... Somewhere around the 23, I suppose I started to cut most carbs out and I had no idea what I was doing really. But it was working. I poured hours into watching video after video and reading the ins and outs over the next month or two I finally got a little more settled. I made a few mistakes here and there, of course, not getting enough vegetables, so on and so forth but the longer I've stuck with it, the better it has gone.

The weight dropped dramatically from week to week. That is until I hit a slight plateau. The weight just did not budge for a week and I couldn't figure out what I was doing even after going back and trying to look over what I had eaten, drunk, etc. Eventually, I did come across some information and a lot had recommended OMAD and IF as a way to help break-through. I thought "this should be easy enough!" So I cut back to just one meal a day and it helped almost immediately. Until I was just generally burning out super hard and would get a little dizzy, etc.

I went back to the two meals or so I was eating and felt better, and decided to just lower the amount of time between both meals slowly to build up to that and so far that has been what I've been doing and it's been working out wonderfully. I'm not really hungry like I was, and most times I have to remind myself that I even have to eat.

It's a bit of a wall of text but I wanted to post anyway and maybe this might help others who are struggling as I did for the longest.

I know rapid weight loss isn't particularly healthy but I must say I haven't starved myself and generally I've combined a very strict diet with occasional exercise and the weight has fallen quickly anyway. I blatantly refuse to go back to what I was doing, because even after trying to cheat once on it, I regretted it incredibly. Not because the weight loss stalled, but because in general, I DID feel worse after eating garbage, really.

Starting weight in April 2019: 400+ lbs.
Current weight as of 7/29/2019: 330 lbs
My goal is still a long way off, but I'm able to go for a walk now and move around without being completely winded like I was and even enjoy it now. Joining MFP was likely one of the best things I've done even if for being able to track what I have for food and such. I don't really know anyone or talk to anyone regularly about progress, or diet, but I suppose even having a way to express my thoughts has been drive enough for now.

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    That's a significant loss!! Way to go!!

Don't let yourself get dizzy.... Enough calories and electrolytes are important, especially for keto woe.

I've been on Keto for about a month and a half, and extremely shocked how quickly the inches melt away.

Keep it up!
  • BurningSkies2018
    BurningSkies2018 Posts: 64 Member
    Thanks a lot! Most of the dizzyness stopped when I started making sure to drink more water and keeping salt intake a little higher. Since doing that, however, things have been so much more smooth now. It's amazing at how much better I feel versus a year ago, though and it does make me excited to find out where things will be a year from now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!