Hey MFPs members! I’m new!!!

Options
I love working out and fitness, but never been one to count calories until today. I look forward to learning from y’all and enjoying this journey together!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Stay at a calorie deficit and lose weight. Easy peasy
  • mjwilson0708
    mjwilson0708 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advice LyndaBSS! I will check out those stickies. I truly believe by keeping track of my calories I will be able to stay at a calorie deficit, and lose some weight😃
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Welcome new guy 🙂 Put in your stats and follow what mfp says, it works 👍

Good luck
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Lots of great info on this site, and loads of friendly people who are willing to offer help and guidance . And since it's your first day, I'll let ya know... it gets easier once you've "trained" your food log. At first, you have to look up each and every food, but after a while, it will remember what you ate and you can find it WAY easier! lol And yes, you can do this! ;)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    It all works hand in hand. I love exercising too the logging foods get tedious but it's a necessary evil to weight loss
  • mjwilson0708
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    It all works hand in hand. I love exercising too the logging foods get tedious but it's a necessary evil to weight loss
    You are so right AliNouveau! As I get older, the same amount of exercise is not maintaining my weight. I’m long over due in being more disciplined with my diet. Thanks for the support
  • mjwilson0708
    Options
    poisonesse wrote: »
    Welcome to MFP! Lots of great info on this site, and loads of friendly people who are willing to offer help and guidance . And since it's your first day, I'll let ya know... it gets easier once you've "trained" your food log. At first, you have to look up each and every food, but after a while, it will remember what you ate and you can find it WAY easier! lol And yes, you can do this! ;)
    Thank you so much for the encouragement Poisonesse! I’m excited about the support from fellow MFP members. I know I can not do it on my own. Thank you also for reaching out to me. I hope I can help you in someway in the future!!!
  • mjwilson0708
    Options
    Welcome new guy 🙂 Put in your stats and follow what mfp says, it works 👍

Thanks for the welcome slimgirljo15! I hope I can become season guy soon. Lol Really I’m going to take 1 day at a time, and focus on putting my stats in MFP. I believe that will definitely keep me more accountable and help me reach my goal of weight loss!
  • whitney6013
    whitney6013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey husband <3:*
  • mjwilson0708
    Options
    Hey Babe!😘
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Hey Babe!😘

Aw. 😍 You guys are adorable

Welcome and best of luck with your new lifestyle
  • taniamaxwell1054
    taniamaxwell1054 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey it’s my first day to. We can do this!
  • mjwilson0708
    Options
    Hey it’s my first day to. We can do this!

Yes we can! Best of luck!!!
  • mjwilson0708
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hey Babe!😘

Aw. 😍 You guys are adorable

Thanks Versicolour! She has put up me for 11yrs of marriage so far. We will see how long it last. 😂 jk. I won’t be easy to get rid of. 😜
  • Sunami32
    Sunami32 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You’re going to love MFP! 🤗
  • jiujitsudad15118
    jiujitsudad15118 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Its fun and it works!
  • mjwilson0708
    Options
    Sunami32 wrote: »