New to Keto Any advice helps

Options
Hey everyone my name's Kari & I just started Keto. I'm having trouble with figuring out what to eat and how these macros work if you have any advice please help me out.

Replies

• Nellabella56
    Nellabella56 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've just started too! Or should I say, I'm in the process of starting. I'm learning as I go - it's a lot to take in when it's so opposite to what I've known before. I've set my target nutrition percentages to FAT 75%, CARBS 5%, PROTEIN 20%. This is my 4th day, but first day tracking. Boy! tracking is a real eye opener! Already I can see I need to eat more fat & less protein, and, it's very time consuming trying to figure out the balance & recording everything! Please tell me it gets easier soon! Anybody any tips on starting Keto & on using this app?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    There's a low carb group that has tons of info about keto https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum

And a less active keto group that should be useful as well.
  • Nellabella56
    Nellabella56 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks kshama, just signed up!
  • cookiesncreme200148
    cookiesncreme200148 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, would like to join this group. Starting keto and trying to learn as much as I can.
  • voncovenhoven
    voncovenhoven Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I’d love to join this group. I am on day two of keto.
    I am having difficulty adjusting my macros. I guess it will be trial and error at first
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Hi, would like to join this group. Starting keto and trying to learn as much as I can.
    I’d love to join this group. I am on day two of keto.
    I am having difficulty adjusting my macros. I guess it will be trial and error at first

Your responses confused me. Did you go to https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum and ask to join?
  • mymolly526
    mymolly526 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Im new to Keto diet and was wondering about how to track macros?
  • allybink
    allybink Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey. I’ve been doing Keto for 3 months and lost 27 lbs. I was using a different app but didn’t like it too much.
    I’m new on this app but can’t figure out how to show net carbs vs total carbs. Does anyone know how to fix the settings on here?
  • mammacoty
    mammacoty Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    allybink wrote: »
    Hey. I’ve been doing Keto for 3 months and lost 27 lbs. I was using a different app but didn’t like it too much.
    I’m new on this app but can’t figure out how to show net carbs vs total carbs. Does anyone know how to fix the settings on here?

Subtract fiber from total carbs= net carbs. Unless you pay for premium, you'll have to make that calculation in your head
  • Gotrek1
    Gotrek1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm back :( gonna piggy back on your thread a bit... sorry.

trying keto... do I actually need to worry about calories. I'm finding on this diet I'm almost never hungry. I eat maybe once a day... is that bad? Feel great otherwise.