So...Calories..

Options
I'm a Vegetarian, so most of what I eat IS vegetables. (I have eggs and milk as well because they are naturally produced) I've been rather good about logging all the foods that I eat, and I exercise three times a week.

What I'm concerned about is that fact that my target calorie amount is never met, I keep getting told that I'm not eating enough and that it can put my body into starvation mode. I don't think I'm doing that as I eat three times a day and I generally have a snack at some point. I realized on most days I eat about 1000 calories to maybe, maybe 1200 if I'm going to the gym that day.

I'm wondering if I need to eat more to help my body loose weight (i'm guess I weigh about 160 ish as I haven't got a scale yet I really don't know) I started dieting quite some time ago (last January and started at about a size 18 now I'm at the 12/13 range) and I've maintained a 3 times a week gym schedule. I think I hit a plateau about a month back but then I started using the my fitness pal (on my phone first, now online too) and I've started loosing some more weight now that I'm eating more.

I'm just kind of confused about this, as I don't eat many things that are high in calories, yet when I log for the day it tells me I'm not eating enough, I haven't exactly changed much in my diet either.

Replies

• Lauren_Whitney
    Lauren_Whitney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You should be fine. If you aren't hungry then don't force yourself to eat more than you are. I personally don't believe "starvation mode" is legit. Let's be honest...people starve to death. Has anyone watched Survivor? They drop weight like crazy in only a month. I call BS on starvation mode.