Middle aged group

Options
Please add me. I like the app but it makes me feel like the old man in a room full of kids. I’m fat, 54, midlifer who doesn’t want to exercise or track food, but I have to act now before there’s no hope.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,558 Member
    Options
    Maybe consider joining this group:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group

Not a high traffic group, but lots of friendly members who respond if you ask questions.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
  • 01greathouse
    01greathouse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way 🤣🤣🤣
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,005 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    tomaeiou wrote: »
    Please add me. I like the app but it makes me feel like the old man in a room full of kids. I’m fat, 54, midlifer who doesn’t want to exercise or track food, but I have to act now before there’s no hope.

Don't fear...I'm also 54, was obese at 280 lbs last April. The only thing that motivated me was a failed Blood test which said I was pre-diabetic. That was enough to turn things around. Now I have trimmed 58 lbs. on my way to a goal weight of 195. I was in your shoes just a few short months ago. I'm not saying to lose as much as I did in that period of time , but all it takes is you to take the initial steps. I promise you, it is worth it!
  • TammyGermiller
    TammyGermiller Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am fatish, 52 and struggling to get healthy. Welcome aboard to changing your life. It’s in your hands. You can do this