HELP PLEASE!!! I WANT TO EAT A KEBAB SO BAD!!

Now that I’ve got your attention😊 so My calorie goal is 2000 and I want to lose weight, do I eat 2000 to lose weight or do I eat 1500 to be in a -500 calorie deficit everyday. I’m confused with the calorie goals set. Can someone help please

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    If you told MFP your goal was to lose 1 lb/week, then the 2000 is your goal to lose 1 lb/week (assuming no intentional exercise, as MFP does not include that).
  • Hanzy99
    Hanzy99 Posts: 13 Member
    My goal was to lose 2lb per week. I’m 19 years old weighing 86kg (13st 6lb) I want to get down to 12 st 6lb in 6 weeks, we’ll near enough a stone. So the 2000 cal goal is to lose weight which is set by MFP. If I want to lose 2 lb how much cal do I need then?? Thanks for the help lemurcat
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Eat the kebab. ☺
  • Hanzy99
    Hanzy99 Posts: 13 Member
    Lol... I don’t eat 1, I mean 4 x burgers with cheese yum
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Hanzy99 wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    What's the rush?

By the way - yes you can eat a kebab and lose weight. Picking a very aggressive rate of weight loss might mean you will struggle to fit in foods you enjoy though

Got a wedding lol and I got 6 weeks.. 2000 calorie a day it is.

Might be a stupid question but some people say if I fast all day and save myself for a pizza and still stay in my calories required to lose weight... I know it’s not effective way of eating but just for that pizza and if I stay In my calories will that still make me lose weight... remember THE CALORIE DEFICIT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING

For weight loss yes calorie deficit is the most important thing, but for health and nutrition (including maintaining that muscle) fueling your body properly is equally important, you can't do that on an excessive deficit.

No need to fast all day to have a pizza either, you can get a small pizza for 1000 calories, that's less than half your calories allowance. It's what you do most of the time that matters, not what you eat occasionally.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    When MFP tells you how many calories to eat, that is not maintenance calories - that is how many cals per day to eat in order to lose however much weight per week you told it you wanted to lose. If you already told it 2 lbs/week and it spit out 2,000, then eat the 2,000.

How you divide up the calories during the day is irrelevant, as far as weight loss is concerned. You could eat all 2,000 of them in a pizza in 10 minutes, or 6 small meals throughout the day. But ... whether you remain motivated and calorie compliant for the 6 weeks is another question. What you are talking about is Intermittent Fasting (IF) - using all your calories in a confined period of time and fasting the rest of the time. I like IF (and do it every day) but it is not necessarily the best way to start. Many people fall off the IF wagon, whereas a simple 2,000 calorie diet of eating normal but managed meals and snacks is easy to comply with.

Nothing wrong with kabobs. Perfectly suitable for a 2,000 calorie per day diet. I love kabobs.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    lgfrie wrote: »
    When MFP tells you how many calories to eat, that is not maintenance calories - that is how many cals per day to eat in order to lose however much weight per week you told it you wanted to lose. If you already told it 2 lbs/week and it spit out 2,000, then eat the 2,000.

How you divide up the calories during the day is irrelevant, as far as weight loss is concerned. You could eat all 2,000 of them in a pizza in 10 minutes, or 6 small meals throughout the day. But ... whether you remain motivated and calorie compliant for the 6 weeks is another question. What you are talking about is Intermittent Fasting (IF) - using all your calories in a confined period of time and fasting the rest of the time. I like IF (and do it every day) but it is not necessarily the best way to start. Many people fall off the IF wagon, whereas a simple 2,000 calorie diet of eating normal but managed meals and snacks is easy to comply with.

Nothing wrong with kabobs. Perfectly suitable for a 2,000 calorie per day diet. I love kabobs.

Except that 2lbs per week is too aggressive for someone with some vanity pounds to lose.
  • lemurcat2
    edited July 2019
    My goal was to lose 2lb per week. I’m 19 years old weighing 86kg (13st 6lb) I want to get down to 12 st 6lb in 6 weeks, we’ll near enough a stone. So the 2000 cal goal is to lose weight which is set by MFP. If I want to lose 2 lb how much cal do I need then?? Thanks for the help lemurcat

Then it's estimating your maintenance calories (without any added exercise) as 3000 and the 2000 is to lose -2/week.
  • lemurcat2
    wow thanks for that. So what your saying is 2000 cal goal is to lose 2lb per week wow. I’m crazy I don’t even reach my 2000 cal goal. , my calories per day is 1700 lol and that’s 1300 less than maintenance. What if I’m eating the correct protien and macros, going to the gym to strength train and 10 min HIIT training on a empty stomach. Surely that will try sustain most of my muscle and shred off the unwanted fat (lower abs, pecs, arms, love handles and thighs) I’m near enough 180/190g of protien per day which is something I believe is vital to keep and sustain muscle. Thanks for your reply much appreciated

Not if your goal is too aggressive. If you are close to goal (lower body fat level), your body will go to muscle as well as fat more easily.

Have you actually been losing or did you just start? If you've actually been losing, how much per week?