Sick of being held back

Options
Hey all,

My name is Becca and based in the UK.
Started to knuckle down and sort my life out, due to suffering with depression for a while which has let a lot of things in my life slip away from me such as a healthy lifestyle, my weight has been my major impact on my depression and how I view the world, I don't do things I want to because of it and I am always to scared to be my true self. I find it easier to be bland and quiet and inevitably invisible as it seems easier that way.

Goal - lose 110lbs 😐

I am hoping to keep on track with a full lifestyle change and that I will be able to make some motivational friends on here.
(don't get me wrong if your having a bad day and need to rant I don't mind been all ears. I know its not always going to be sunny skys)

So that's me....
Good luck in your own journies one and all

Love
Becca
xox

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Hi Becca. I am in the UK as well. I have been here a long time.

You will find that if you are open to all the great advice here in the forums this site could just be the game changer you are looking for.

Kudos to you for taking charge of your life. Be your true self always, life is too short to hide away so get out there and live it.

Maureen xx
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do it. This place is full of people who have lost that and more, so there's lots of resources to help you if you want them. :)

I started off wanting to lose 120 pounds, myself. Still a ways to go but I'm getting there.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a doctor about your depression? Maybe that could be your first step. Trying to change too much and dealing with depression at the same time can be difficult.
  • unBEClievable
    unBEClievable Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have seen a doctor about my depression and I am taking things step by step.
    I am also in the process of clearing my room and chucking out unnecessary items and old clothing ect.... Plan to be new and fresh ☺️😍

Love
    Becca
    xox
  • MrsMarco2015
    MrsMarco2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

This is actually the first board I've ever posted on, but I really relate to what you've written. I spent a shameful amount of time (years) literally spending my life on the couch or in bed because of depression and anxiety. I was neglecting my husband, my health, my friendships. I just kept putting on weight because of the mental health stuff and a PCOS diagnosis. I got to the point where I had just decided that that was who I was. But I was missing out on hiking and dancing, running around with my nephew, and so much more. I don't really know what finally snapped in my brain, but after much counseling and self reflecting, I FINALLY realized that I am worthy of a happy, healthy life. I started on June 3, 2019 and haven't looked back since. I still want to lose about 84 more pounds (originally 102 pounds to lose), but it's so reassuring to see posts like yours that remind me that I'm not alone in this.

Much luck to you! You've got this!

-Taylor
  • drebmc
    drebmc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Each step takes you closer to your goals, but you should not rush things. Making drastic changes at once could be overwhelming, so just take it easy. Go for a short walk. Then a longer one. Increase the distance. Increase the speed. Soon enough you will run. Change your breakfast, eat something healthy. Repeat it. Change your lunch. Finally your dinner. Now you are eating healthy and exercising. Talk to people, vent if needed. You'll get there. One day at a time. :)
  • unBEClievable
    unBEClievable Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Hey,

Thank you so much for replying its nice to know I am not alone. I do feel guilty a lot of the time especially when I am sat around or having a me day after a long week. This has very much helped me gain the weight and depression. I also don't know what snapped and got me motivated to get in to action but I am glad I am on my way I was very much unhappy and sick of being who I was.

Love
    Becca
    xox
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,540 Member
    Options
    Hi Becca. You can do this. It will take hard work and a lifestyle change. You'll get fed up and want to quit but don't. Once the changes start and you see results build on that momentum. You'll always slip some times but you're strong enough to get back at it. There's a good supportive community here.