Down 60 lbs, Ways to go but pretty damn pumped

Hello all, just showing progress in an effort to push someone who is just starting to get into all this. This is day 217 in a row of logging into MFP for me and I am down about 60lbs by basically just following my macros and calories strict on a lower carb diet, not quite keto (macros= 10% carbs, 35% protein, 55% fats) and working out 4-5 times a week for 30-45mins. I have a long way to go still but I just felt like this is proof that this app really works if you just are CONSISTENT.

And, frankly, what's the point of not? Its just for you and no one else. If you don't put in the correct portions or exactly what you eat you're only hurting yourself, something I used to do til I realized I was only hurting myself and no one else. Just be true in what you type in for food, and stick to the numbers and portions and you will see improvement. STICK WITH IT!! you'll be happy!

ojpmzgh1stla.jpg

Replies

• alucca9
    alucca9 Posts: 5 Member
    Inspiring...and motivating!
  • jasonkdalessandro4
    jasonkdalessandro4 Posts: 19 Member
    alucca359 wrote: »
    Inspiring...and motivating!

Thank you, I hope so - people not doing this need to know about it because it feels so rewarding when you start getting closer to your goal, even if its slow and steady JUST STAY CONSISTENT. That's hands down the biggest part
  • alucca9
    alucca9 Posts: 5 Member
    No, thank you! Your post was the first one I’ve read on here and it struck a cord. Now I’m totally rededicated and on a mission!!!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Your killing it.
  • kaykelley68
    kaykelley68 Posts: 1 Member
    You did give a push to someone -- me. I'm starting keto on Monday -- not because it's Monday -- but because I'm waiting for the Simply Keto book to arrive and I'm so frugal/tight budget I'm eating up the food I already have. I'll be using myfitnesspal for the first time, & like alucca9 comments, your post is inspiring & motivating. Thank you!
  • MiyazakiChick
    MiyazakiChick Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks for the inspiration!
  • alariemusic
    alariemusic Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you! I'm 3 weeks in and I can definitely see a change in my body-but there are moments when I feel a little bummed that I have more to go. We tend to want the quick results- go to sleep and wake up at the goal but it takes hard work and dedication. This post is proof to me that if I stick with it I will be pleased with the results. You look amazing!
  • bigmanatee
    bigmanatee Posts: 65 Member
    Amazing job! Thanks for posting!
  • magairlin
    magairlin Posts: 93 Member
    Congratulations. You look great and show that this app works if one is patient and consistent.
  • jasonkdalessandro4
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for all the kind words all! Happy to see it helped some, definitely stick to it and you'll see results too. Once you get on a roll, the temptations will calm a bit and you will genuinely get excited to see your progress.

Don't live and die by the scale, I take my scale out once a month to check progress then put that thing back in the closet so i'm not discouraged if i don't lose everyday or i fluctuate a bit. If you only check it once every month or even once a week, as long as you stick to your plan you'll lose overall and that's the part you'll focus on - not the fluctuations between days.

keep up all! motivation and consistency are KEY

[edited by MFP mods]
  • GrizzledSquirrel
    GrizzledSquirrel Posts: 120 Member
    Brilliant! You look great and above all, I’m pleased it has made you happier!
  • jasonkdalessandro4
    Also anyone feel free to keep in touch/message with questions - I'm on this journey like you guys, I don't pretend to know everything but the more info we get out about what works for each of us, the better we will all be for it.

One thing you do might not work for one person but if we have a melting pot full of different ideas that have worked for us, then eventually there will be a ton of different options at people's fingertips and there will be a greater chance everyone will find something that works for them individually.

Again thanks all to who said I motivated you because frankly your words are motivating to me. I hope you all do great!
  • jasonkdalessandro4
    alucca9 wrote: »
    No, thank you! Your post was the first one I’ve read on here and it struck a cord. Now I’m totally rededicated and on a mission!!!

I love it! Get it girl!
  • captainfatqueen
    captainfatqueen Posts: 2 Member
    You look great, congratulations!!! I'm gonna check our your recipes.
  • jasonkdalessandro4
    You did give a push to someone -- me. I'm starting keto on Monday -- not because it's Monday -- but because I'm waiting for the Simply Keto book to arrive and I'm so frugal/tight budget I'm eating up the food I already have. I'll be using myfitnesspal for the first time, & like alucca9 comments, your post is inspiring & motivating. Thank you!

Keto is definitely a big help in the actual loss of weight. I will say i tend to use keto as more of guideline than strict but that's just me. While I agree with Keto in the sense that carbs from bread, pasta, and rice are not good - I don't think its the worst thing in the world to get some carbs from fruits, veggies and even something like sweet potatoes from time to time. I think keto tries to limit carbs to around 25g a day if im not mistaken, personally I run closer to 10% of my macros, which for me personally, comes out to about 75g per day.

Just some tips but honestly whatever is gunna motivated you and is something you're going to stick to consisitantly, DO THAT lol
  • jasonkdalessandro4
    magairlin wrote: »
    Congratulations. You look great and show that this app works if one is patient and consistent.

I really appreciate the kind words
  • jasonkdalessandro4
    Thank you! I'm 3 weeks in and I can definitely see a change in my body-but there are moments when I feel a little bummed that I have more to go. We tend to want the quick results- go to sleep and wake up at the goal but it takes hard work and dedication. This post is proof to me that if I stick with it I will be pleased with the results. You look amazing!

Yea definitely, look at the overall picture rather than the day by day. I said in a previous post i literally take my scale out once a month check it and put it away in the closet til the next month so im not bummed by the fluctuation in weight. As long as you stick to your plan, in a full month you will most likely always see some kind of improvement from the previous.

Thank you for the kind words also!
  • jasonkdalessandro4
    edited July 2019
    Your killing it.

No, You're killing it my man, stick to it! lol thank you
  • jasonkdalessandro4
    edited July 2019
    You look great, congratulations!!! I'm gonna check our your recipes.

Thanks! they're all pretty simple lol Honestly I'd call them more ideas than recipes bc there's not much to them haha but they are relatively creative ways to mix it up - no bread, big mac salads and shiz like that
  • SoaringOccamy
    SoaringOccamy Posts: 57 Member
    dang, what a difference! You're doing great! I bet everyone you know is patting you on the back with a transformation like that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!