The Impossible Burger

Options
I cannot find this anyplace! I saw a story on Sunday Morning a couple of weeks ago about it, and it's plant based, but has the texture and taste of meat. I have been to a couple of restaurants who had it on the menu but both places had sold out. Does anyone know if it will be available in stores any time soon? I'm dying to try it.

Replies

• beckyrpl
    beckyrpl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Where do you live? If you can't find it in any grocery store by you, do you have a Red Robin restaurant by you? They serve the Impossible Burger there. If you live on the east coast, I'd try looking at Wegmans'.
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hi- thanks. No Red Robin, but I did go to their website and you can put in your Zip and they find restaurants in your area. Funny thing is though, one of them is the one I went to the other day who was sold out of them. The website also noted it will be available in stores later this year.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Beyond Burger? Also plant based and very tasty. My local grocery stores carry it.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Some Qdoba and White Castles have them.

IMHO, totally overrated. Yes, it tastes like hamburger- but not GOOD hamburger. It's more like cheap, high fat hamburger that you want to disguise in chili or mac-n-cheese.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    If you have a Bareburger near you, they have it. Also, I believe Burger King (!) is going to start carrying it (or so I heard).
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    The Impossible Burger is not currently available in grocery stores. It is only available in restaurants for now. They are planning to release it in grocery stores but they do not have a date as far as I know. It has been a struggle for them to even keep up with production demands for the restaurants. Beyond Burger is available at grocery stores.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I thought I saw it on Cheesecake Factory's menu, if you have those around. And weren't TGIFs supposed to carry them?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I saw something similar advertised by Bird's Eye recently, not sure what they called it though.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I think even Burger King has a version of it in most markets
  • lauragreenbaum
    Options
    I can't bring myself to walk into Burger King. I did find a restaurant near me that supposedly has it. We'll see!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I had this recently at a Cheesecake Factory near me and it was delicious. As someone who was raised on meat, I couldn’t tell the difference. It is way better than the Beyond Burger imo. I hope it becomes more readily available.
  • Bodyopus
    Bodyopus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I read an article today that the FDA just approved Impossible for grocery store sales so if you can’t find it yet hopefully it will get to a local grocery store for you soon.
  • iMommy33
    iMommy33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pluckers has it if those are near you!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    topster79 wrote: »
    I read an article today that the FDA just approved Impossible for grocery store sales so if you can’t find it yet hopefully it will get to a local grocery store for you soon.

I am so excited for this!
  • lauragreenbaum
    Options
    iMommy33 wrote: »
    Pluckers has it if those are near you!

Hmmm never heard of it. I'm in California
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Red Robin, I think Friday's has it as well.... outside of finding a local restaurant, you'll have to wait until they release in stores. Also, be careful at BK if you go there and care about cross contamination. They will be cooking this on the same equipment as everything else unless you specifically ask them to cook it in the oven on its own.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    atjays wrote: »
    I think even Burger King has a version of it in most markets

Not for a few more days, I think. I read somewhere that the official nationwide release is Aug. 8.