Taco bell healthy options

Options
mzmikly
mzmikly Posts: 10 Member
What are some healthy options at taco bell? Me and my family are going later.

Replies

• mabelsdaddy
    mabelsdaddy Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I treat myself to the combo with three crunchy tacos and a drink. Crunchy taco is about 190 calories, plus i have water or diet dew, and you're looking at a dinner at about 600 calories. Not bad!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I like to get the fresco chicken soft taco - 150 calories per taco, though I'll usually have them add back the light sour cream for another 35 calories. As kimny72 said, you can really lighten up products at fast food places when you use their online calculator to customize your meal, and Taco Bell has a pretty good one to use.

Another option is a taco salad with chicken in a bowl and not the shell - I find I can save a ton of calories just eliminating the taco shell in a taco salad.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Personally, I like the veggie power bowl, minus rice, plus extra black beans, but that's just me.

I think the best advice is going to the TB web site and using their nutrition calculator to pick something you enjoy that meets your nutrition and calorie goals. That will also give you an idea of foods or combinations you can request that don't necessarily appear on the menu board at the store.

Yeah, I find the customization makes TB very calorie-and-macro-goal friendly. I like a chicken burrito with added black beans.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell can certainly be very calorie budget friendly, as their fresco items and in general their tacos are not too caloric. Their best stuff is though so I usually make sure to have at least one fun thing in there, even if it uses a little more of my goal.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to eat at Taco Bell, I like the veggie power bowl, the cheesy fiesta potatoes, or the Crunchwrap made with beans instead of beef since I'm vegetarian. Those things may or may not fit your goals/preferences. I agree that Taco Bell's online menu is excellent for helping you customize a meal, and Taco Bell employees are generally able to fill special requests as long as the ingredients are already on the menu.

Now I want a Crunchwrap.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Fresco style menu selection are presented as healthy but the honest answer is anything that aligns with your daily calories budget.
    This.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Eat it. Enjoy it. Log it. <3
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Chicken power bowl. I get it with no rice and no beans.
  • xodreamariexo
    xodreamariexo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I get chicken power bowl with no sour cream or pico.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I get the chicken power bowl. The black beans have fiber that helps me stay full. But I'll still get my old order of Crunchy tacos supreme when I'm in the mood, just have to make it fit my calories (I usually get 1 fewer than I used to if I do this).
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Don't bother with the fresco menu unless you just have a preference for the flavor. It's in no way any better than the items it pretends to replace.

Unless you've highly restricted your day so far to save up calories for taco bell, your best bet is just getting crunchy or soft tacos. Alternatively you could get away with 1 quesadilla or crunch wrap for about the same calories as 3 tacos. I'd avoid the burritos that are pretty calorie dense. The XXL is almost a whole day's worth of calories for example.