Replies

• hereslibby
    hereslibby Posts: 93 Member
    Options
  • dyfthompson
    dyfthompson Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good morning :)

I hope Tuesday is off to a promising start.

"I want to see what happens if I don't give up."

• starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi, late to the party. Could I join your group. Turning 57 this week. Lost 35 originally but gaining back fast after a stressful year. Currently 147.5 but need to be at 132. I don't know why it's harder this time, but I think it's all about being accountable.
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hi,I’m 53 and my ‘new’ doctor made me stop taking bc one year ago.Since that,my body is not mine 😔.The weight has come to stay.I workout and eat what I should and sometimes not at all.The scale is not my friend right now.
  • flacacruz
    flacacruz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi,I’m 53 and my ‘new’ doctor made me stop taking bc one year ago.Since that,my body is not mine 😔.The weight has come to stay.I workout and eat what I should and sometimes not at all.The scale is not my friend right now.

Welcome! Sorry, what's "bc"?
  • flacacruz
    Options
    Hi, late to the party. Could I join your group. Turning 57 this week. Lost 35 originally but gaining back fast after a stressful year. Currently 147.5 but need to be at 132. I don't know why it's harder this time, but I think it's all about being accountable.

Welcome! I agree regarding accountability. That's why I'm here too!
  • flacacruz
    Options
    Good morning Ladies! Hope all are doing well this week! So I've been watching this Discussion and also the Group, became friends with all but TiluKiKi (trying to send request but not working) and new joiners. Here's what I'm thinking...

Kinda concerned if the "Group" gets too big because I feel like accountability will be harder or lost. What would be different than the whole of MFP community? There will be to many to track unless we break into teams or limit members (allow additions when there are openings). The point is accountability and you need to watch your friends progress and help with struggles. We are all busy so keeping it smaller would be easier. (new ladies, still welcome. No worries🙂)Would love your thoughts on this...

The reason I made "Weekly Stats" discussion is so we can quickly reference progress. After watching our activity, I think it's best if we keep that sorta clean from lots of daily comments and I think that'll work. A couple comments/cheers after each new stats post is fine.

Watching how the posting is going on my individual diary/home account, it seems to be the best place for the daily support comments. We can still post specific discussions in the group if needed. I've really not used the "friends" function of MFP yet so I'm still figuring out. And I've not used the Comments/ "What's on your mind" option either. Just a food tracker til now😉.

Tell me your thoughts please. 🙂
  • rhondamacleod1958
    rhondamacleod1958 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am no longer in my 50's, but rather 61. I hope I can still join :) I was diagnosed to Type 2 Diabetes in February and it has been a struggle to not only lose weight, but drop my sugar levels. I've lost 18.5 lbs since then and have been going to the gym with a friend. I need accountability!!!
  • flacacruz
    Options
    I am no longer in my 50's, but rather 61. I hope I can still join :) I was diagnosed to Type 2 Diabetes in February and it has been a struggle to not only lose weight, but drop my sugar levels. I've lost 18.5 lbs since then and have been going to the gym with a friend. I need accountability!!!

Yes of course! Its 50+ and welcome! We share your struggle. Sorry to hear about diagnosis. Be encouraged. My husband was critical when he was diagnosed and was able to get it under control just by watching his diet. They took him completely off insulin and meds.
  • llutz13134
    llutz13134 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would love to join. Im 53 and have been trying to lose those pesky 10 pounds. I can’t rely completely on exercise and haven’t been successful even with logging into MFP. I do best with shared accountability.
  • rhondamacleod1958
    rhondamacleod1958 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I've added myself to the Group and I have accepted your friend request dyfthompson, much appreciated. If anyone else would like to be friends please feel free to add me - the more the merrier
  • flacacruz
    Options
    llutz13134 wrote: »
    Hello! I would love to join. Im 53 and have been trying to lose those pesky 10 pounds. I can’t rely completely on exercise and haven’t been successful even with logging into MFP. I do best with shared accountability.

Welcome! Please look for link in previous post for private group.
  • Monnie67
    Monnie67 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello to all. I’m 52 years young been member of MFP since 2012. Lost 25 lbs got down to my goal weight. Had major surgery in January “Female surgery” gain all my weight back. All 25lbs in 5months talking about depression and need a shot of motivation. I’ve have lost 3lbs so far.
    Yay yay....... please add me as a friend.
  • flacacruz
    Options
    Monnie67 wrote: »
    Yay yay....... please add me as a friend.
    Welcome! You're in good company. Please find link to group in earlier post from "hereslibby".
  • flacacruz
    Options
    llutz13134 wrote: »
    I do best with shared accountability.
    Me too! Welcome! Please find group link above.
  • flacacruz
    Options
    Is everyone able to request to find the group "Women 50+ Group Support" and request access? I'll send invites if not.

Also, please see my post above about how we move forward. I really think we need to limit our group until we are settled on how well the accountability is working. Thank you!

So glad to find you all!!