Cheat days

Options
I like to take the weekend off aplan is there any way to sort mfp to give lower calories throughout the week so have a surplus at the weekend?

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    No, there is no way via the app to do this, but you can just figure out the numbers you’d need yourself to hit your weekly calorie total and adjust your weekdays/weekend days to reflect your preferred variations. Perfectly fine to work to a weekly figure rather than a strict day to day goal if it fits your lifestyle and preference.
  • tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You're not talking about having 1 cheat meal, you're talking about a whole weekend, so the main question is.
    Where are you now? Losing weight? Bulking? Maintaining?

If losing or bulking, What is your goal?

And also, height, weight, age and a description of your physical activities can help us.
  • phred_52
    phred_52 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    "Cheat Days"....I started by giving up my pints (2) weekly, but now I just consider it a treat, but only one pint..mmmm, just love my hagen daaz pistachio :), though I do try to still watch cals in weekly, and concentrate on portion control and fat intake.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Two missing MFP features are "net caloric deficit" over some specified period and the ability to set different calorie goals for different days of the week. Those would be really helpful! You just have to implement them yourself. It definitely opens MFP up to competition. (That and the fact that the food database is full of bogus entries.)