Men...Beauty over brains. Or brains over beauty?

Options

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Okay, now, obviously I'm not a man.
    But, my personal opinion in this matter (again, personal opinion, I'm not asking you to agree) is that people will look at your appearance before your brain. (Unless you meet in some anonymous way). When an individual is at a bar/club/mall/whatever, they're likely to approach the more attractive person, seeing as they don't know that the ugly duckling in the corner is a total brainiac. I think people choose beauty over brains more often than not.

Afterall, you don't see IQ scores on the cover of magazines. You see airbrushed legs and fake tans.

True, you choose hot women to LOOK at but we're not talking about who we would look at. We're talking about who we would choose for ourselves. And I am with Carl. Stupid women bug the **** out of me. I don't care how hot they are if they are a complete frickin moron.

When I wasn't married, I would have absolutely tried to find only hot women if all I cared about was a one night stand. But, as I cared about finding a relationship, I was looking for both brains and beauty (which I was lucky enough to find). And I know that I will be with my wife for the rest of our lives and while she won't always look as young and beautiful as she does right now, she will always be gorgeous to me INSIDE AND OUT.

Careful with those generalizations. Not every girl is a ***** and not every guy is an *kitten*.

I'm pretty sure I made no generalizations. And I did not call women *****es, nor did I call guys *kitten*. I stated CLEARLY that this was my opinion. I don't see any reason why you needed to pick at my post and accuse me of generalizing.

I would appreciate it if you didn't make assumptions, or try to read between the lines. It's just as bad as "generalizing." [:
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    But, my personal opinion in this matter (again, personal opinion, I'm not asking you to agree) is that people will look at your appearance before your brain. (Unless you meet in some anonymous way). When an individual is at a bar/club/mall/whatever, they're likely to approach the more attractive person, seeing as they don't know that the ugly duckling in the corner is a total brainiac. I think people choose beauty over brains more often than not.

Afterall, you don't see IQ scores on the cover of magazines. You see airbrushed legs and fake tans.

Yes, by nature people are more likely to try and approach those who are physically appealing BUT, most guys wouldn't stick around if the girl is a complete idiot or a you-know-what.

I'm not a guy, but in men brains is a HUGE factor for me. I actually tend to be more attracted to even smarter LOOKING men, haha. There is a guy who sits next to me in my Inro to Lit class... he has those thick rimmed glasses and that look on his face that always seems to say "I am too smart to be here"... I am strangely attracted to him.

But the musician always wins. (my boyfriend haha)
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    much of the time for women brains are an asset.... if you keep them hidden. smile & wave, smile & wave, & let them wonder what youre up to!

Yes, mystery always works! I am cripplingly shy, but guys seem to take that as 'mysterious' instead of awkward. Surprisingly it has worked to my advantage.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Jeez people are touchy today. Anyway, I'm not a guy but I can say that my boyfriend definitely picked brains over beauty. We met online by chance one day, and talked first before he really saw any pictures of me (he saw one, I think, and it wasn't really a good one.) He fully admitted that he found me really pretty, but fell for me after we actually started talking. He said that if I wasn't smart, I would have just been a pretty girl he saw on the web once. I guess I'm glad I'm smart :wink: as for myself, the first picture I saw of him was not a very attractive one...like at all...but I liked him so much that I really honestly didn't give a ****. That's not to say that I wasn't pleasantly surprised when it turned out that's he's super handsome, and just takes ****ty pics :laugh:
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options

True, you choose hot women to LOOK at but we're not talking about who we would look at. We're talking about who we would choose for ourselves. And I am with Carl. Stupid women bug the **** out of me. I don't care how hot they are if they are a complete frickin moron.

When I wasn't married, I would have absolutely tried to find only hot women if all I cared about was a one night stand. But, as I cared about finding a relationship, I was looking for both brains and beauty (which I was lucky enough to find). And I know that I will be with my wife for the rest of our lives and while she won't always look as young and beautiful as she does right now, she will always be gorgeous to me INSIDE AND OUT.

Careful with those generalizations. Not every girl is a ***** and not every guy is an *kitten*.

I'm pretty sure I made no generalizations. And I did not call women *****es, nor did I call guys *kitten*. I stated CLEARLY that this was my opinion. I don't see any reason why you needed to pick at my post and accuse me of generalizing.

I would appreciate it if you didn't make assumptions, or try to read between the lines. It's just as bad as "generalizing." [:

Generalization #1: "people will look at your appearance before your brain"
    Generalization #2: "When an individual is at a bar/club/mall/whatever, they're likely to approach the more attractive person"
    Generalization #3: " I think people choose beauty over brains more often than not"

Stating it's your opinion does not mean it's not a generalization. Actually, the opposite. Stating it's your opinion means that you think that that is what most people will do. And that's a generalization.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with your opinion and you are certainly entitled to have it. But painting everyone with the same brush - even when you state it is your opinion - is unfair.
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    So all the indian men from india think beauty is better over brains cause they want women to do exactly what they ask them to do. They don't want women to have a brain. True?
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    So all the indian men from india think beauty is better over brains cause they want women to do exactly what they ask them to do. They don't want women to have a brain. True?

I can't even count the ways in which this post makes no sense.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I just want someone who knows how to **** , *** and **** the hell out of my ***** *****!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Stupidest question ever.

What man is going to say "beauty over brains" and risk getting henpecked by all of the super touchy women on this site?

The ones that realize it's just a website.

Woo, reading through this post, you guys really know how to take away from the original question. Can't one post just have ANSWERS and not everyones 5cents?
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    I just want someone who knows how to **** , *** and **** the hell out of my ***** *****!

I'm here for you beach!! :drinker:
  • hush7hush
    Options

Generalization #2: "When an individual is at a bar/club/mall/whatever, they're likely to approach the more attractive person"
    Generalization #3: " I think people choose beauty over brains more often than not"

Stating it's your opinion does not mean it's not a generalization. Actually, the opposite. Stating it's your opinion means that you think that that is what most people will do. And that's a generalization.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with your opinion and you are certainly entitled to have it. But painting everyone with the same brush - even when you state it is your opinion - is unfair.

Your Opinion #1: I started it with "my opinion", meaning that is how I see it, not necessarily that it's true.

Your Crtique #2: "likely" meaning that it's probable, but not exclusively true.

Your Judgement #3: "I think". Nowhere in this did I say that it is always true. I stated that it's more common. Which is what I have noticed. Not generalizations, just observations.

If you don't like someone's opinion, or you're going to judge/criticize, there really is no point in reading after they disclose that it is their opinion.

Take it with a grain of salt. You're just making yourself look like an *kitten* you claim that men are not.
  • hush7hush
    Options

Yes, by nature people are more likely to try and approach those who are physically appealing BUT, most guys wouldn't stick around if the girl is a complete idiot or a you-know-what.

I'm not a guy, but in men brains is a HUGE factor for me. I actually tend to be more attracted to even smarter LOOKING men, haha. There is a guy who sits next to me in my Inro to Lit class... he has those thick rimmed glasses and that look on his face that always seems to say "I am too smart to be here"... I am strangely attracted to him.

But the musician always wins. (my boyfriend haha)

Yeah, again, I said they will "look at" and "approach" the more attractive person.

I didn't say they would wife them up.
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options

Your Opinion #1: I started it with "my opinion", meaning that is how I see it, not necessarily that it's true.

Your Judgement #3: "I think". Nowhere in this did I say that it is always true. I stated that it's more common. Which is what I have noticed. Not generalizations, just observations.

If you don't like someone's opinion, or you're going to judge/criticize, there really is no point in reading after they disclose that it is their opinion.

Take it with a grain of salt. You're just making yourself look like an *kitten* you claim that men are not.

Sugarcoat it anyway you want. That's not going to make it any less true. I didn't criticize, judge or dislike your opinion; I merely pointed out that it WAS, in fact, a generalization. The fact that I disagree with your conclusions doesn't mean your opinion is wrong. It just means I disagree.

And, for the record, I could not care less if I am "making myself look like an *kitten*" to you. I am a man and I prefer smart women over hot ones although I was fortunate enough to marry a woman who is both. If it bothers you that I don't fit in your little superficial box that you are attempting to jam us all into, that's your issue, not mine.
  • hush7hush
    Options

Sugarcoat it anyway you want. That's not going to make it any less true. I didn't criticize, judge or dislike your opinion; I merely pointed out that it WAS, in fact, a generalization. The fact that I disagree with your conclusions doesn't mean your opinion is wrong. It just means I disagree.

And, for the record, I could not care less if I am "making myself look like an *kitten*" to you. I am a man and I prefer smart women over hot ones although I was fortunate enough to marry a woman who is both. If it bothers you that I don't fit in your little superficial box that you are attempting to jam us all into, that's your issue, not mine.

Ooooh, now I'm putting people in a box?

My teenage heart is shattered.
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    I like a combination of the two, but if I had to choose, I would choose Super Hot and any man that say different is lying.

Bull. We're not all as shallow as you apparently are.

I agree I would most definitely rather have a smart pretty woman than a supper hot dumb a**
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options

Lol. Enjoy your evening.
  • ☆ShawnsMom08☆
    ☆ShawnsMom08☆ Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Stupidest question ever.

What man is going to say "beauty over brains" and risk getting henpecked by all of the super touchy women on this site?

My thoughts exactly.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    why can't a woman be both smart and beautiful? :(

Because that wasn't the question.

Guess we know which side of the equation she falls under.
    Just because someone has big boobs or likes to take care of themselves doesn't mean they're stupid.
    I'd like to think I'm an intellgent person and I have some big ol' boobies.
    They are just as big as my brain ;) haha.

Again, I didn't SAY that. No one is calling you stupid because you have big boobs. I did not say having big boobs makes one stupid. I asked a question to the MEN.

Is it just me, or did you guys spend an inordinate amount of time explaining the point of the thread to the rather violent young lady with the huge brains?

I can't even count the ways in which this post makes no sense.

This made me laugh so hard I still have tears in my eyes lol.

Overall...great thread :D!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options

Okay here it is. . .this was not designed to be that uptight of a question. . . geesh. . . . The OP asked a simple question. . . this is just ridiculous to get this NASTY and up in arms about this. . .

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I see no reason to be belittling or insulting others. . treat others the way you yourself want to be treated. .

And my goodness. . A BAR. . . that is not the place I would choose to meet someone to share my life with. . . How about church? much better. . . but that again is my opinion. . . Or better yet. . The Good Lord will provide should I need someone in my life. .
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    why can't a woman be both smart and beautiful? :(

Oh yes, a woman can definitely be both!