Veridesk high low workstation Pro's Con's

Options
I sit most of my day at work at a desk job. I was debating on ordering a Veridesk. Looking for people that have used or are still using these for Pro's/Con's or any comments/recommendations. Did you fine it help with your overall health? Thank you in advance for your input.

Replies

• Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    We have desks that raise/lower at my office. I tried standing for a while, even got a nice mat (definitely needed) but I found I personally have a really hard time focusing/working when I'm standing. So now I sit all the time, I just make sure to plan regular breaks every hour or so to take a walk around the office. Has worked better for me.

Some people at my office love to stand though - so it's really a personal preference. If you have a way to try out something that lets you stand before you have to order, that might be the best.

What I like better than trying to stand and type/work - a bluetooth headset so I can walk around while I'm on a call. I definitely like to pace around, and it gets more steps.
  • gottswald
    gottswald Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It can depend on your physical problems? My physical therapist told me that it wouldn't help my particular back issues and instead I should just focus on ergonomics and moderation. Might be great for you, but maybe you should check with someone more knowledgeable and able to look at your challenges?
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    My husband has used one for over 6 months.

Advice would be to start slow, perhaps 2 - 3 half hour stints a day and increase weekly.

He found it weird to work standing at first but quickly adjusted.

I don't think it has had any noticable improvement for his health or calorie burn. I'm pretty sure he only keeps using it because he feels guilty about the cost!
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Our office of almost 1000 uses them for everyone who wants one. They are great. I almost never sit and have been using a variation of one of their models for about 5 years now.

Biggest con I know of, it's difficult to effectively route cables through them for the best cable management allowing them to raise and lower, but if you get creative with some velcro and tie up all the wires, no real issue to speak of.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    We have desks that raise/lower at my office. I tried standing for a while, even got a nice mat (definitely needed) but I found I personally have a really hard time focusing/working when I'm standing. So now I sit all the time, I just make sure to plan regular breaks every hour or so to take a walk around the office. Has worked better for me.

Some people at my office love to stand though - so it's really a personal preference. If you have a way to try out something that lets you stand before you have to order, that might be the best.

What I like better than trying to stand and type/work - a bluetooth headset so I can walk around while I'm on a call. I definitely like to pace around, and it gets more steps.

I’ve got a varidesk and stand on a 2” balance foam mat when working in the raised position.

Pro - nice extra shelf for little stuff that is found on office desks.
    Con - heavy. Also has a tiny thin gap at the bottom that swallows business cards, notes and single sheets of paper when least desired. Heavy.
    Ordering Tip: get the one with the built in keyboard tray. I regret not getting that.

I use it mostly when I am in dictation mode; easy to see the screen as I voice command my way thru the job at hand.