Fresh start

Options
LeiLaura
LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
t0iigqc0r8fp.jpg

Hi everyone,

I joined MFP a couple of days ago and have been inspired by this forum to actually post myself (I'm usually a lurker!). You're all so supportive, and reading the success stories has really motivated me already. Thank you.

I've just turned 40,and lost a baby at 4 months pregnant in May. Bizarrely, I weigh more now than I did then. I turned to food for comfort in the aftermath, though I've always struggled with food and my weight. I felt my clothes getting tighter and bit the bullet and weighed myself yesterday. I expected to be 11 stone 7 pounds (the heaviest I've ever been previously) and nearly fell off the scale when it said I was 12 stone 10 (178lb). I've clearly got work to do. 3 years ago, I reached 10 stone, and I want to get there again. I'm going to a wedding in October, so I'm going to use dress-shopping for that as my incentive. Here's hoping I maintain the motivation!

Laura x

Replies

• Debs16571
    Debs16571 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura
    Sorry for your loss earlier in the year.
    I'm on week one after losing 5 stone in 2017 (with SW) and putting 3 of that back on. I'd be happy to support you. I'm unsure how you follow anyone, hoping if you add me I will be able to follow you back?

Debbie x
  • LeiLaura
    Options
    Thanks, Debbie, that's very kind of you. I don't know either, but I'll give it a go!

Laura x
  • LeiLaura
    Options
    Meant to say, I'll happily support you, too! We're both in Week One, after all :) Good luck on your journey x