What exercise equipment do you have at home?

Options
glovepuppet
glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
edited August 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
And what kit do you highly recommend?

Very few people come to the house (a combination of living out of the way, and the charms of my dog) so we've turned the sitting room into our gym.

We've currently got:
Bench and rack,
Free weights (standard and Olympic),
Treadmill,
Punchbag,
Yoga ball,

We're planning on getting more once we move, and have a garage to convert into a separate gym. I'd be interested to hear what other people rate.

Replies

• xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

We basically live in a tiny home (not quite, but close especially as a family of 3 humans and 2 big dogs) so we dont have space for it. My exercise is working around the homestead. Gardening, cutting and splitting firewood, hunting, hiking etc.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    A gravel road bike with swanky carbon hoops. I put several thousand miles a year on it.

Edit to add: lots of shoes, a few backpacks, two climbing ropes, crampons, and an ice ax.
  • WSwalknLAC9000
    WSwalknLAC9000 Posts: 57 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    The pull up bar that holds onto door frame (moved into a home that’s ADA friendly so bar does not fit in the doorway, it’s not long enough), 10 lbs & 3 lbs dumbbells, thick yoga mat, yoga strap (old tie), 60” exercise ball, & the corner of my kitchen cabinets (for dips).
  • WSwalknLAC9000
    WSwalknLAC9000 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I recommend a dip bar , with the pull up bars on top.
  • koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Nothing ... I do my equipment workout at the gym and at home I walk the dogs and also do zumba / just dance using youtube videos and also the PS4 :D
  • ChrisCatMama
    ChrisCatMama Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I have some free weights (3-8 lbs), exercise bands, a few weighted balls, a yoga mat, an exercise ball. It’s taken a number of years to get all these (I feel like the only mom who gets workout gear for Mother’s day lol).
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    bench, weights, stationary bike
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Bench and squat rack
    Free weights
    Couple of speed bags
    Spin bike

I also have access to 5 grandchildren for some insane cardio/compound super sets 🥵
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Cable machine with pull-up bar
    Adjustable dumbbell set
    Barbells (one longer and one mini) with various plates and landmine attachment
    Benches (one adjustable, one low for hip thrusts)
    EZ bar
    Various kettlebells up to 55lbs
    TRX
    Exercise balll
    Various bands
    Ankle weights
    Bowflex Max trainer machine

I also have a "hip thruster" but it's not set up currently.
    In the future I would love a squat rack but not a huge priority for me since I don't really squat heavy or bench press

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Free weights
    Kettlebells
    Elliptical / recumbent bike combo
    Glider
    Battle rope
    Jump rope
    Mini trampoline
    Resistance bands
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have a Bowflex Max Trainer M5. Thinking about adding a treadmill before winter so I can use that too during bad weather since I also walk daily.
  • SchmancyName
    SchmancyName Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    From most to least used:
    Elliptical
    Free weights with a bench
    Heavy bag
    Stationary bike
    Exercise ball

Thinking about getting some resistance bands as well
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Treadmill, weight bench, dumbbells ,Short barbel, bike trainer and Bob (punching dummy)
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    a recumbent exercise bike, kettle bells, and resistance bands. None of which see use in the summer. I know, my bad. lol
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Until the toyboy moved in, I had no idea about barbells. We now have standard, triceps, EZ and Olympic bars, Dumbbells, and plates going from tiny up to 20s.

Love the triceps bar, but loathe the EZ (which just feels like it's peeling my palms).
  • Kelleygirl79
    Kelleygirl79 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Elliptical
    Kettlebells up to 24kg
    Handweights up to 15lbs
    A wide assortment of workout DVDs + step (girly stuff but they are fun sometimes!)

I don't have alot of stuff but I really use what I have! Trail running is the core of my workout life.
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Weights, pull-up bar, stationary bike.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Treadmill, dumbbells, resistance bands, pull-up bar, yoga mat, exercise ball, flat screen TV with DVD and thumb drive player, lots of workout DVDs, and many downloaded videos on my thumb drive. I don't have room for a squat rack and bench, so I go to the gym for lifting.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Treadmill
    Road bike and bike trainer
    Dumbbells from 3-25 lbs
    Door mounted pull up bar
    Resistance bands
    Yoga mats and blocks
    Stability balls
    Kayaks (if you count that as home gym equipment, but then I could probably start adding things like tennis racket, skis, horse shoes, etc, etc)