What exercise equipment do you have at home?

Options

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Dumbbells 3 - 25#, bench, yoga mats, resistance band.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

We basically live in a tiny home (not quite, but close especially as a family of 3 humans and 2 big dogs) so we dont have space for it. My exercise is working around the homestead. Gardening, cutting and splitting firewood, hunting, hiking etc.

Ya, my mom gets all the exercise she needs from working around the homestead, walking, and swimming. She was going to the gym twice per week, but cut it for the swimming season.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I just have my trail running shoes and my mountain bike - but I leave my house to use them, so I'm not sure if that counts as home exercise equipment. Oh wait, I have a yoga mat, too. If I need any special equipment, that's what the gym is for. I find that a bunch of stuff laying around the house doesn't motivate me. It just collects dust. My home is my hang-out, my chilling place. When I leave it, I switch into busy mode, ready to accomplish things. So I usually need to physically leave my house to have the mindset to work out. B)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    I'm not very focused, tend to collect stuff, and I'm pretty old (63) so I've collected quite a lot doing various things over the years. No real reason to get rid of it unless I move house.

I have a Concept 2 rowing machine, simple weight bench (flat/incline), dumbbells in sizes from 5-35 pounds, barbell and some plates, couple of kettlebells, hybrid bike, foam roller and other self-massage tools, large exercise ball, ab wheel (for rollouts), sliders, balance board, hula hoop, yoga mat, doorway pull-up bar, some weighted balls (for PT), various stretchy bands (partly for PT), and probably some other small stuff I'm forgetting.

I don't have a rack for the heavy bag, so that's not usable right now; I don't use the swords and staffs any more even though they're still here, and I have 8 boats but don't strictly use those at home (and 2 of them live at the rowing club boathouse full time anyway).

Mostly, I use the rowing shells at the boathouse, the rowing machine in Winter, the dumbbells (more often in my rowing off-season), the self-massage tools, occasionally my bike and some of the other stuff. I do yoga some, off and on, but usually just on the carpet rather than getting out the mat.
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have a power rack with a bench, blast straps, trap bar, kettlebell, landmine, bands, dumbbells, prowler, sled and bands. I’d really like to invest in a dip attachment
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    We have an old but really good treadmill and a new, not so good (squeaky) stationary bike. Assorted free weights, some bands and a kettlebell I was given that I never used. Yoga mat, yoga ball that we move out of our way constantly and I'm not sure what it's really doing here. Also have a neat band with a doodad that goes over a door so you can do pull down stuff.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Let's see...

CARDIO
    Pilates Reformer machine
    Mini stair stepper
    Weighted jump rope
    A step bench with 3 risers
    Gliding disks
    Plyometrics box

WEIGHTS/RESISTANCE
    A variety of weights and resistance bands
    TRX Suspension strap
    Kettlebells
    Medicine ball
    Ankle weights
    Wrist weights

OTHER
    Yoga mat and blocks
    Exercise ball
    A small exercise ball
    BOSU Balance Trainer
    Pilates Power Ring Pro
    Weighted hula hoop
    Free Standing Barre Bar
    Tons of Fitness DVD's
    Foam Roller
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I missed out yoga mat, strap, block & ball. They get a bit neglected.
  • sah32
    sah32 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My two legs. I walk and do some aerobics and dancerize with YouTube. It works for me. I'm not into structure which means attending a group at a gym or fitness center -- I'm too uncoordinated for that! :/ Whatever works!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot small things like skipping ropes and squishy balls from ab workout videos, DVDs, my Wii Fit lol. I actually use it all variously on days when I'm over the grind and want to break out of my routine. I run or go to the gym most days. If I want to work out in the morning there are some things I can't do because of noise and a late sleeper.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    Treadmill, stationary bike, half-broken rowing machine, yoga mat and videos, 5 and 10 lb. dumbbells.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Shed equipment
    Kettlebells.
    3 barbells.
    Loads of plates.
    Squat rack.
    Bench.
    Loads of resistance bands.
    50 kgs bag of sand.

Dining room equipment
    C2 rower

Strewn across the house
    A couple of pull up bars.
    Yoga mat.
    Scuba equipment - 3 wings, 3 backplates, some regs, a drysuit, a twin-set, some single tanks etc.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I have pretty much everything @ home.

Full Olympic lifting set up in the garage, including a full rack, safety squat bar, power lift bar and Olymmic lift bar, farmers walk bars, curl bars and trap squat bar plus about 1k # in free weights and a deadlift jack, an up to 75# weighted vest, ankle wts, weighted gloves, various other accesories, including straps and a lifting belt and an adjustable gym quality bench.

In the garage, I also have a dip rack, a GHD rack and sissy squat rack, a 50x50# adjustable dumbell set and all of the racks needed to store/hold the wts/bars.

In the house, I have a Concept 2 rower, a LeMond Rev Master Pro spin bike and a sit up bench.

And, in thrle backyard, I've got a battling rope setup, a sled w/270# of wts and a 200# tractor tire w/3 different wt sledge hammers.

This is why I never need to go to a gym.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Road bike, cross bike, mountain bike
  • JeBeBu
    JeBeBu Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Handweights (3-10lbs)
    Resistance bands
    Stability ball
    Yoga mat
    A few fun DVD workout programs
    Mostly just some "fill in" pieces for quick pick-me-ups and when weather closes down the town!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    C2 Rower, AirDyne Pro (Assault Bike), Plyo Box, Resistance Bands, 25 kg KB, an Adjustable KB, Adjustable DBs (including the Bowflex ones up to 50 lbs each), Battle Ropes and some door frame thing my kids bought me that I haven't set up yet. Ski Erg and a Power Tower and I'd be OK for life.
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Bench and rack w/pulley system,
    Free weights (standard and Olympic),
    adjustable dumb bells,
    Treadmill,
    Swiss ball,
    two sets of steps,
    Ab roller,
    mountain bike,
    yoga mat,
    running shoes

I haven't been inside a gym in years.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Desk treadmill
    Adjustable dumbbells
    TRX
    Pull-up bar
    Various size resistance bands
    Climber (haven't had much use for...on the chopping block as far as trending towards minimalism)
    Foam roller + yoga blocks (debatable as "fitness equipment"...used more like furniture...lol)

Possible future investments: barbell + weight plates
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Some free wt, exercise bands, stability ball, JM DVDs, Yoga mat, and foam roller. All stored in a closet and out of sight.

I don't use any of these things too often because I prefer to work out at the gym. For me, working out at home is boring and doesn't inspire or motivate me much.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Some free wt, exercise bands, stability ball, JM DVDs, Yoga mat, and foam roller. All stored in a closet and out of sight.

I don't use any of these things too often because I prefer to work out at the gym. For me, working out at home is boring and doesn't inspire or motivate me much.
    I find gyms are almost always brightly lit, with terrible music playing slightly too loud. Serious sensory overload! It tires me out before I've even started.