Dropping weight fast...

Options
I know it isn't 'good' to lose more than 2 lbs a week, but lately the pounds have been just falling off.
My fiance began dieting with me, and we both decided to weigh in every 3 days (he wanted it to be every 3 days because he said it would help him stay motivated... I just think 'scale addict'.)
Ahem, anyways.
I have lost 3.6 lbs this past week - is that bad?

I am eating... small meals, usually 6 times a day. However, I usually don't eat up to 1200 calories (typically off by 300-200 calories a day... but then again, sometimes WAY over).

Any advice?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Are you just starting out? It's quite common to drop a bunch of weight fast at the beginning. It's nothing to be concerned about. Nevertheless, watch those net calories. Look around here.. the people with the most long term success seem to hit their calorie target pretty closely and consistently.
  • msmith5251s
    Options
    Not necessarily...
    Been losing weight since May...
    Started on MFP in July though.
    "Are you just starting out? It's quite common to drop a bunch of weight fast at the beginning"... :[ I WANT it to last like this forever. haha
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    And if you still have a lot to lose it will come off quicker and slow down when you get closer to goal..
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're not off by 2-300 UNDER your recommended 1200 - you could end up in starvation mode, which is not good if it's a regular thing. I fully agree with taso42, I lost a heap my first few weeks, then it evened out to a regular drop of 1-2 pounds a week.
  • keeno85
    keeno85 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am exactly the same, started this in July and it seems to be falling off. I always make sure I hit my 1200 cals minimum, but sometimes I feel like I am just eating for the sake of hitting my calorie target even when I'm not hungry :s

But as far as I am concerned, long may it continue :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    PLEASE PLEASE do not moan it WILL slow down! :noway:

sorry for the bad news!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Eat at least your 1200 calories net to make sure you are not losing muscle instead of fat. Muscle mass is very important to maintain.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Why are you weighing in every three days.. thats just crazy in my opinion. You should be weighing in once a week, after you have gone to bathroom and before any food.

The scale fluctuates almost daily, and by weighing every 3 days you could be super low one day and then 3 days later really high because of what you ate.

I'd stick to eating the 1200 net and weighing once a week.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!
    It's normal to lose that much when you have a bunch to lose. And don't worry, weigh yourself as much as you want!!