Sm3018 wrote: »
    Are kodiak waffles better then aunt jemima

Better in what way?
  • Sm3018
    Sm3018 Posts: 55 Member
    Waffles lol
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Depends on what you mean by “better.” They’re probably going to taste pretty different.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Waffles lol

I can't open pics like that on my phone. Is it a mix?
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited August 2019
    Not better in taste, but better in macros. More protein, more fiber, less sugar, more batter for slightly more calories. If you use an egg and milk vs. just water, they do become massively better as they are more substantial, but the calories pile on accordingly as a result. And much, much less oil.

They are edible just using water, especially with butter and a bit of maple syrup and egg yolk on them, if that is your concern. :) At least, if you use a waffle iron anyways and the buttermilk variety.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Yes, for me they are. I can't stand the taste of most mixes and frozen breakfast foods. I do like the Kodiak ones.

Not sure that's what you were asking and I'm not sure there is an answer to your actual question. They can be good or not depending on your goals and how they fit into your OVERALL diet. And, if they taste like crap to you, what's the point either way???
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Waffles lol

I can't open pics like that on my phone. Is it a mix?

They sell them frozen, which I have tried, and they sell a mix as well, but I haven't tried that. Plus lots of "cup of" baked foods (like mug brownie mixes, but muffins, etc.).

The frozen Kodiak waffles are OK. But the ones I've tried are the ones with added protein, and I don't think the isolate/protein powder improves the taste of a waffle. It's a trade-off between nutrient density and flavor, IMO, and only you can decide which trade-offs are worth it to you. I think they make frozen waffles without the added protein, but they cost more than my regular brand (I like Nutri-Grain Eggos for the taste), so not much point to trying them. I don't think I've seen a variety of Kodiak waffle/pancake mix that doesn't have added protein.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Are kodiak waffles better then aunt jemima

Better how?

Personally, I'm not a big fan of any pre-mix. We did buy the kodiak mix at one point years ago...IMO, they were a big disappointment. Pancakes in particular should be nice and fluffy which is the way I also like my waffles.

My wife and I make our own mix for waffles and it is far superior to any pre-made mix I've ever had. I get plenty of protein, so I don't need to worry about boosting it by *kitten* up my waffles.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    I love Kodiak mix,I use the dark chocolate one in my donut pan to make "donuts" I usually add some walnuts and I love it💗