Intermittent Fasting anyone else

Options
My doctor recommended this for and my target calorie is 1700. If I can keep this I should drop at least a pound a week. I’d love some friends that are doing this as well. My IF is 16:8

Hope to meet more of you.

Replies

• jenniferhaddaway
    jenniferhaddaway Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing intermittent fasting and it’s made a big difference! I still have 30 pounds to lose but I’ve already lost 15 pounds with no exercise just the fasting 👍
  • jenniferhaddaway
    jenniferhaddaway Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh and I’m IF 16:8 too
  • carbuc818
    carbuc818 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too. Starting today with 16:8 IF 😀
  • LhenTrowbridge
    LhenTrowbridge Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been doing IF, too! It's very effective. :D
  • lucky2702
    lucky2702 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    🙋🏼‍♀️ i've been doing IF too!
  • leobrah
    leobrah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 20/4 IF and it's the best thing ever.
  • NawlinsBabe90
    NawlinsBabe90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My doctor recommended this for and my target calorie is 1700. If I can keep this I should drop at least a pound a week. I’d love some friends that are doing this as well. My IF is 16:8

Hope to meet more of you.

Hey, great I also do intermittent fasting and I also do the 16/8 rule. I usually eat between 12 p.m. and 8 p.m. or 1 p.m. and 9 p.m. depending on weekends and class nights. According to MyFitnessPal my calorie intake is about 1549 but that's for at least 2 pounds a week I'm thinking about reducing it to one and a half pound a week I'll add you.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    18/6 guy here but flexible since I’m firmly at my ideal weight range. Have done 22/2 for 45 day period earlier this year and every time period between. Now, for me, it’s a lifestyle.
  • LeighAlan1
    LeighAlan1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    18/6 for the passed 8 days, under calorie allowance virtually every day. No real hunger pangs, helped focus on getting increased fluids in Water/Black Coffee/Green Tea. Mentally alert. Lost 8lb last week (it seems alot but because I'm not hungry or currently exercising I'm ok with it) I'm assuming there might be some initial water loss and expect the loss to slow in week 2. Also taking a Thermoboost supplimentx2 and Omega 3 1200mg caps x 3. Focusing on high protein, low carbs (processed carbs avoided).
  • smzsmz2008
    smzsmz2008 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    16/8 for almost 4 weeks now, I think it makes it much easier to stick to my eating goals. I try to pack all my calories in between 9:30-5:30 and don’t even get hungry most of the time. I’ve lost 11lbs with IF and calorie deficit.
  • makztor
    makztor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also back to IF 16/8 for almost two months now. Before being back with this lifestyle, what I did to condition my self was shifting my morning diet to 2 boiled eggs and 2 tomatoes for a month. The transition was really good and I lost A LOT during the transition (together with exercise). Also usually do my 4-12km hike/jog hybrid during my IF state.
  • DarkTwain
    DarkTwain Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm a 16:8, honestly I've been slipping but tomorrow is a new day
  • peachezncreme
    peachezncreme Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’ve been doing IF for a month now, just 2 days a week. I plan to start 20:4 (5 days per week) on Monday. I could also use another fasting friend. Feel free to add me.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 16:8 for the last three weeks and it has been amazing. Please feel free to add me.
  • wannabesmaller2017
    wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I was loosely doing IF 16:8 and did okay with it. But for the past month I’ve switched to 5:2. I usually eat between 525-550 calories on the fast days, then try to stick between 1500-1800 on non fast days. I try to keep my calories around 9400 or under for the week. I’ve noticed my cravings aren’t as strong and I’ve lost 5lbs. :-)