Six pack

What exactly is the truth regarding six packs (everyone knows its both diet and exercise) and comes down to body fat. Does anyone have any advanced suggestions. Please and thank you.

Replies

• CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Honestly, and this is MY opinion, not going to argue it, but, if you really want to get a six pack, you need to find a Registered dietitian, who has a track record for getting people to that point, and follow their instructions to the letter. Thats the route I am taking and I am closer to this goal than I have been in my entire life, and I am old now.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    To get a six pack, one needs to have a low body fat percentage. Without that, all the advanced suggestion or exercise in the world won't make a difference. If you do have a low body fat percentage, you need to do some sort of exercise to stimulate your abs to develop you abdominal exercises.

Exactly what body fat you need to be at and how your abs will look vary from person to person, a lot of it based on genetics.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    What exactly is the truth regarding six packs (everyone knows its both diet and exercise) and comes down to body fat. Does anyone have any advanced suggestions. Please and thank you.

If you want to diet down to that level, you might want to look into Lyle McDonald's UD2.0 (Ultimate Diet 2.0) - it might actually be over kill for six pack level.
  • robsmarshall14
    robsmarshall14 Posts: 5 Member
    Honestly, and this is MY opinion, not going to argue it, but, if you really want to get a six pack, you need to find a Registered dietitian, who has a track record for getting people to that point, and follow their instructions to the letter. Thats the route I am taking and I am closer to this goal than I have been in my entire life, and I am old now.

Thanks for feedback
  • robsmarshall14
    MikePTY wrote: »
    To get a six pack, one needs to have a low body fat percentage. Without that, all the advanced suggestion or exercise in the world won't make a difference. If you do have a low body fat percentage, you need to do some sort of exercise to stimulate your abs to develop you abdominal exercises.

Exactly what body fat you need to be at and how your abs will look vary from person to person, a lot of it based on genetics.

Thank you
  • robsmarshall14
    CipherZero wrote: »
    My advanced suggestion is to stop worrying about getting a six pack.

Why's that?
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Look up James Smith on Facebook, specifically his video about why you don't want abs. It's enlightening.
  • MamboRumba
    MamboRumba Posts: 423 Member
    Boot camp style calisthenics workout. Navy SEALS workout program.

Everyone in the military that works out gets at the very least a ‘defined cut.’

My dad is an older gentleman who is a veteran and still has his six pack.

I start getting my ab lines at 115 pounds.

My favorite ab exercise is sitting on a bench and bringing my knees into my belly and extending out.
    Or, you can hang from a bar and bring your legs up.