Can you believe what my coworker did to me????

FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
We had a HUGE open house party for the residents and thier families this past satuarday and My cook Jim HATES me, because I am a younger woman who happens to be his superior. Well for some reason he got his perfect revenge that on top of making me look bad caused oure entire party to almost fall to pieces all over a grudge that he has against me. Now heres just WHAT HE DID... I was at a carving station and it was going great well stocked and happy go lucky and First I sent my server down for a cheese platter and he said he'd make a small one and of course my girl came up empty handed and said that "he would take care opf it" did he OF COURSE NOT. So the cheese ran out. then instead of having it ready he made my already running ragged girls get it. then I needed my last ham and sent my other girl to rush to get it and she came up with one of the partial hams I had sent down when I got too low and said to me Jim said "tell her dont send down a half ham ever again" he was supposed to slice it and have a runner rush it up to help me out. So of course with a double buffet line that wouldnt quit and food running out he got his glory and I got reamed. Technically cause I was in front of the storm I looked like a fool and had to take responsibility and even thoguh I was swamped and trying to hold back tears for beasically almost causeing the downfall of the party I made it through. But as it is taught I turned the other cheek because I know he wanted a retailiation and I didnt give him the satisfaction. Now I dont eat ham as it was but now I swear I never ever wanna see a ham or anything that looks/tastes like it as long as I live. :grumble:

Replies

• FitJoani
    We had a HUGE open house party for the residents and thier families this past satuarday and My cook Jim HATES me, because I am a younger woman who happens to be his superior. Well for some reason he got his perfect revenge that on top of making me look bad caused oure entire party to almost fall to pieces all over a grudge that he has against me. Now heres just WHAT HE DID... I was at a carving station and it was going great well stocked and happy go lucky and First I sent my server down for a cheese platter and he said he'd make a small one and of course my girl came up empty handed and said that "he would take care opf it" did he OF COURSE NOT. So the cheese ran out. then instead of having it ready he made my already running ragged girls get it. then I needed my last ham and sent my other girl to rush to get it and she came up with one of the partial hams I had sent down when I got too low and said to me Jim said "tell her dont send down a half ham ever again" he was supposed to slice it and have a runner rush it up to help me out. So of course with a double buffet line that wouldnt quit and food running out he got his glory and I got reamed. Technically cause I was in front of the storm I looked like a fool and had to take responsibility and even thoguh I was swamped and trying to hold back tears for beasically almost causeing the downfall of the party I made it through. But as it is taught I turned the other cheek because I know he wanted a retailiation and I didnt give him the satisfaction. Now I dont eat ham as it was but now I swear I never ever wanna see a ham or anything that looks/tastes like it as long as I live. :grumble:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I'm sorry! I'm sure the people at the party still had a good time. It's sad that some people have to make others look bad to feel good about themselves. Just remember, you're above doing something like that.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    And Jim still works for you because??????

That's what I was thinking?! Get rid of the dead weight! Other people could use the job more, I'm sure.
  • FitJoani
    well I am the assistant supervisior. I am very sure he will quit when our boss chnages location cause he just wont be able to take girl power in the kitchen.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I love men with a chip on their shoulders. Jerks.:mad:
  • FitJoani
    you know what the biggest kicker is he was a marine and preaches semper fi to everyone...always faithful.HA!!!!
  • vegasmellie
    vegasmellie Posts: 118 Member

grudge or not, in this economy people shouldn't be so careless with their jobs. what he did should be grounds for termination. period. at least a stern talking to. otherwise, his screw up could cost you all your jobs.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    FitJoani wrote: »
    well I am the assistant supervisior. I am very sure he will quit when our boss chnages location cause he just wont be able to take girl power in the kitchen.

It's your responsibility to report him to the boss. Why aren't you?
  • Teenybudda
    Teenybudda Posts: 206 Member
    edited August 2019
    This post is from 2008 so I'm pretty sure she's already killed jim (with a ham) by now.

Rip.
  • LyndaBSS
    edited August 2019
    😂

There's been an influx of zombie threads reanimated recently.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Teenybudda wrote: »
    This post is from 2008 so I'm pretty sure she's already killed jim (with a ham) by now.

it's okay.... Good Ham Takes Time.

• Or at the very least ..pissed in his coffee
  • Teenybudda wrote: »

Rip.

Or at the very least
    pissed in his coffee at work
  • Motorsheen
    Or at the very least ..pissed in his coffee

Rip.

Or at the very least

twice?

revenge times two....
  • Teenybudda
    Teenybudda Posts: 206 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Rip.

Or at the very least

twice?

revenge times two....

I'm guessing it was too funny the first time so she had to go in for round 2.
    Let's not forget Jim brought all this on himself.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    FitJoani wrote: »

Have you since been promoted?

Jim??
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Rip.

Or at the very least

twice?

revenge times two....

I'm guessing it was too funny the first time so she had to go in for round 2.
    Let's not forget Jim brought all this on himself.

The OP and Jim are probably celebrating a wedding anniversary right about now......
  • LyndaBSS
    Nah.....

Jim was killed at the open house with a ham by the OP. Or was it the boss who cut the fat off of Jim's pork butt... hmmmm.