I’m clueless, regarding my lack of fat loss!

Options
Hello everyone, my name is Alexander Gonzalez (age 18, height 5’7, and weight 190 lb), and my reason for posting this discussion topic is to hopefully receive some helpful advice concerning my lack of ability to burn fat from my past obese state. More specifically, I use to be 256 pounds, and now I dropped down to 190. However, even though the scale’s number went down, my body fat percentage is still high (25%). In addition, although I visite the gym 3 days a week and perform mild cardio (5-6 days), the remaining fat on my body just doesn't want to go. So, if any of you have some tips or solutions that will help my case, please post it here.

Replies

• Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Are you still losing weight or are you on maintenance now? Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    How is your BFP being measured?

Calipers are inaccurate and the BFP given on those scales are little more than a gimmick. Unless you're getting a proper BFP scan then any result you're seeing is likely little better than eyeballing.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!

Exercise is great for fitness, but weight loss happens because of a calorie deficit. Are you eating at a deficit? How long since you lost any weight?
  • alexanderjordangonzalez
    Options
    I’m on a 500 calorie deficit, but I’m not sure what’s my maintenance calories. So, I assumed mine was 2,800 based on my calorie calculator results. Therefore, I’m now consuming 2,300 calories a day to lose 1 pound of fat per week (so I thought!).
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!

Exercise is great for fitness, but weight loss happens because of a calorie deficit. Are you eating at a deficit? How long since you lost any weight?

Yes, and to tell you the truth, I haven’t lost any weight since 2017. However, I thought some of the factors could have been muscle gain (since I weight left at the gym 🤷‍♂️).

Options
    Are you still losing weight or are you on maintenance now? Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit

I’m on a 500 calorie deficit, but the results end up looking like if I’m on maintenance.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options

I’m on a 500 calorie deficit, but the results end up looking like if I’m on maintenance.

maintenance calories get lower as you lose weight. have you gone to goals in MFP and lowered your weight to 190? if not, do so and you'll get different maintenance calories.
  • mcsega
    mcsega Posts: 19 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I agree, if you are not gaining or losing any weight try dropping down to 2000 for a few months and measure the results. I am 6'1" and started at 220 lbs on a 2200 deficit about 50 days ago. I am at 205 now. I will probably drop that down to 2100 or 2150 once I get below 200 lbs.