Replies

• SUNNY613
    SUNNY613 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    mondays challenges

stay under calories
    drink 20 cups of water
    50 curles
    3 sets of planks(push your self to get a higher time then u ever have) the longest ive ever done a plank is 40 sec so im going to pust for 50
  • kittybells
    kittybells Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I completed the exercise portion of yesterday's challenge, but I went over my calories. Went out for Indian food with my daughter and it was hard for me to remember exactly what I ate. It was yummy though! I will be good for the rest of the week- I promise.
  • ANewMaria2014
    ANewMaria2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I did good all day then ruined it with dinner! I need to get motivated it is so hard for some reason! uggg
  • SUNNY613
    Options
    sorry i didnt put up a challenge for tuesday

wednesdays challenges
    drink 21 cups of water
    stay under calories
    burn 700 calories
  • kittybells
    Options
    Well, I only burned 480 calories at boot camp this morning so I will have to find an additional 210 calories to burn for today. I don't know about anyone else in this group but I need some serious motivation! Perhaps, I need a kick in the pants. I don't know why this week has been so hard. I am just being honest here. I have not wanted to fill out my eating journal at all and when I do I feel angry that I can't eat more of what I want. I am not excited to work out. I am feeling increasingly frustrated with the slowness with which the pounds are coming off. I have wanted to just forget the whole thing this week. Anyone else lacking motivation? If you have felt this way, how did you get back on track? I started the weekend off my game with that wedding that derailed my eating and I thought I could just put it behind me and move on but I haven't done that. How can I get re-energized?
  • kittybells
    Options
    Finished Wednesdays challenge. Thursday's challenge for me will be to stop stressing about tomorrows weigh-in. The scale will show what the scale shows: how I react to it will be up to me. At least, that is what I am telling myself.
  • kittybells
    Options
    I did not lose anything this week: still at 145. I guess that is to be expected since I didn't eat the greatest. I ran my fastest mile ever during boot camp on Friday, which is good. Walked yesterday because I was sore. I am going to see Jersey Boys today with my family and then going out to dinner. I will try to be good. One more week for this group so I hope I can lose maybe 1 to 2 pounds this week. That would make a total loss of 10 pounds. Not quite the 15 pound goal but I will take it. I am committed to losing this week! Best of luck to everyone this week.
  • jenher
    jenher Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem. My son leaves for the entire summer to visit his dad in Alaska. When he's gone I do great eating, exercise, logging my meals because it's easy to find the time and it keeps me occupied until his return. He has been home for 2 weeks and is back in school...3rd grade...so it's back to homework, soccer practice, dinner and working 10 hours a day. I'm in the military so I'm very disciplined and a hard worker, but, I'll be honest, I need some motivation from a working single mom with a younger child to help me stay focused and tell me how you do it....please help!
  • SUNNY613
    Options
    ok im so sorry i missed so many days i just got hit crazy at work and other stuff

so i since its already wednesday and the challenge ends on friday im just going to keep this same thread if thats ok with everyone

wednesdays challenges if anyone gets a chance to do it

drink 21 cups of water
    stay under calorie goal
    work out atleast 60 min

oh and my weight stayed the same
  • kittybells
    Options
    I finished Wednesday's challenge. I haven't lost anything in 2 weeks. Kind of frustrating but I am still staying on course. I am still down 8 pounds. Who knows, maybe somehow I will loose another 3 overnight tonight. Doubt it....
  • kittybells
    Options
    I've had the same problem. My son leaves for the entire summer to visit his dad in Alaska. When he's gone I do great eating, exercise, logging my meals because it's easy to find the time and it keeps me occupied until his return. He has been home for 2 weeks and is back in school...3rd grade...so it's back to homework, soccer practice, dinner and working 10 hours a day. I'm in the military so I'm very disciplined and a hard worker, but, I'll be honest, I need some motivation from a working single mom with a younger child to help me stay focused and tell me how you do it....please help!

Life always finds a way to get in the way, doesn't it? It can be such a struggle. I am not a single mom and I can only imagine how much stress that puts on you! I do, however, understand busy schedules. I have 3 young children, work outside the home and with school just starting, it has been an adjustment getting back to the routines of sports and homework. The only advice I can give you is to remind you that you are worth taking care of!! In the past, I used to put off what I needed to do for myself so that I could do for others. While I am not advocating being completely selfish, and sometimes your family just comes first, I get that. But, personally, I also feel that I am a better parent, wife, worker, community member, whatever... when I feel better about myself. That is why I get up at 5:30am to do my work outs. I found that it was the only time I could get it done. I would love to work out at 4:00, but I could never find the time after work. So, I adjusted my schedule around and found that, even though I hate it in many ways (I am still not a morning person), it is the 1 hour that I have all to myself. Stick with it and remember that even small changes can make a big difference. You have tons of support here!!!
  • jenher
    Options
    Thank you so much. I've tried to workout in the evening too and it just doesn't work, my mind and body are so tired at the end of the day that I just can't find it in myself. I am worth it and my son needs me to be healthy...even if I wake up and walk on the treadmill while I sleep it will be better than nothing at all. Thank you for the advice and motivation.
  • jenher
    Options
    Although I've had a tough 2 weeks getting on track and getting my workouts in...I tried to eat right and lost another pound. 4 down...more to go.
  • kittybells
    Options
    Although I've had a tough 2 weeks getting on track and getting my workouts in...I tried to eat right and lost another pound. 4 down...more to go.

4 pounds is awesome!!! Remember to focus on the total amount. I have not lost a single ounce in 3 weeks, but I am still down 8 pounds. I still feel good about that. As long as I keep doing what I am doing, it will come off. Great Job!!!! You should be very proud of yourself. Finding time to eat right and work out with your schedule is a chore so congratulations on getting it done!!!!