Can you eat a lot of carbs and still lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    It comes down to CICO but also, you don't need to cut out all the things you've listed. You'll have more success long term if you work those things into your diet whilst maintaining a deficit.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Not only is it fine, but some people need them for their lifestyle. I love bread, white bread in particular, I won't give it up. If I don't have some starchy carbs my energy suffers and I won't get my workouts done.
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    ThatJuJitsuWoman Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I feel incredibly hungry without carbs. Using mfp is the only thing that has ever worked for me to lose weight, and I’m pretty sure it’s because I can have all the foods that I love, but in more sensible portions than I was eating before.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I just lost a bit of weight while on holiday in France while still eating chocolate croissants, burgers, pizza, whatever the hell I wanted. Because I was walking a lot, I had more calories to play with, so it was easier to fit those things into near maintenance calories.
  • ethantelfer39
    ethantelfer39 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit= weight loss.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    yes. Next question?
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Yes, and French Fries are my Patronus.
  • sam33a
    sam33a Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have far too many carbs and nowhere near enough protein. I've tried limiting my carbs, especially bread, but I just don't last very long. I don't think I could cut them out long term, I'd just end up binge eating all the stuff I've stopped having. I stick to my calories and I know I can lose weight doing that. Too many rules just make things difficult.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    Short answer, yes.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    If one can't lose weight from eating too many carbs I'd never lost weight as too much protein triggers reflux and my body doesn't digest fats properly. But maybe my body is a glittery unicorn due to these two problems ;)