Probably a dumb question

How do you add friends? There has to be an easier way. First day here. Looking for Keto inspiration

Replies

• Donna7127
    Donna7127 Posts: 5 Member
    Not a dumb question at all 😁 I am struggling myself the only way I can do it is to type in the username 🤦‍♀️ talks too long 🥺
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Click on the name of the person u wanna add then a small window will show with the profile pic and some infos, click on the profile pic, will show another window with sending message icon and sending friend request icon, choose friends icon
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    This ^^^^^
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Click their name below their picture. A popup window will appear. Click their name in that pop up box. It will take you to their profile page. Click "Add as friend." They will have to agree, if they do then they appear on your profile page under friends.

If you're on an app, I don't know, click "Help" at the top [of any page] and look for the discussions about friends on the help pages.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Also, the Keto group and the Low Carber Daily Forum group on MFP are great for recipes, support, and tips for keto.

Good luck!

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    For the record, the only dumb question is the one that's not asked. 😉
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    For the record, the only dumb question is the one that's not asked. 😉

The internet has proven that is not the case.

However, the OP's question was not dumb at all as sending FRs is not immediately intuitive for new users.
  • quemalosuerte
    quemalosuerte Posts: 234 Member
    Click on the name of the person u wanna add then a small window will show with the profile pic and some infos, click on the profile pic, will show another window with sending message icon and sending friend request icon, choose friends icon

Problem is, this only works if the app is working. I absolutely cannot add friends on either my iPad or my Android phone. I can if I use the web platform on my laptop. I’ve been seeing lots of comments from people saying they are having similar problems with apps.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Yup, I also cannot add friends on my iPhone. It just does not work although it has done in the past.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,701 MFP Moderator
    Here's a link to the FAQ about adding friends in case you're not sure how to do that:
    https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/12032

I only use desktop, not the app. As I read the FAQ, it looks like on the app you need to remember the person's username and then enter it manually and then click the check mark or add.