Dates

LeiLaura
LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
I'm loving the new raw cashew and date bars (158 calories) I've found, but they're very sweet and I'm worried I'll start craving them and/or get blood sugar spikes which will re-start the general sugar cravings. How dangerous are dates in this regard? Has anyone had trouble with them? Thanks for the input!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Dates are dangerous for me too, so I don’t buy them. 😩
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Unless u have diabetes dates are really good source of sugars and vitamins and fibers. I've been eating them daily for more than i remember and still good, u better take them before u hit the gym will give u energy boost
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,884 Member
    Plain dates make me crash.

I haven't had those bars - how much carbs and protein do they contain? High sugar/low protein makes me crash.
  • LeiLaura
    That's interesting, I'll have to check the proportions tomorrow. Yes, I like the fibre element. Perhaps it's like anything - ok in moderation. It's just that moderation is so bloomin' hard to do!
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    I can go crazy with dates, so I save them for rare feastdays.
  • LeiLaura
    I hear ya!
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Dunno about dates coz not my thing, but i'm like that with dried figs. Can't eat just one, so I just don't buy it.
  • Veilleux311
    Veilleux311 Posts: 27 Member
    Larabars! Love them. Full of dates. Lots of lasting energy. Lots of different flavors. My favorite is the peanut butter choc chip. They're a bit pricey but I believe you definitely get what you pay for.