Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    cpena195 wrote: »
    I very often get a new low weight after nearly 3 weeks of waiting. I have waited 7 before.

I believe though if you are trying to lose 1 pound a week you are actually ahead of schedule which I know sounds odd since you thought you were in a plateau. If you got to the 147 in 66 days (2 weeks ago) you are losing at 1.38 pounds per week. This would put your average deficit at 689 calories per day. Meaning you would need to be eating 189 more calories per day to lose at the selected rate of loss.

This assumes you didn't have any water weight loss in your first week. I can run your numbers again without any water weight 'noise' if you give me your weight on May 30 and the exact date you hit 147.
    If i can be honest. I didnt weigh myself the first month because i was afraid id fall into bad eating disorder habits which thankfully I havent. I didnt officially weigh myself until june 15 at 160. I also wonder should I be eating back my calories that I burned? Would that help?

The June 15th info is fine. I can work with that. What was the exact date you hit 147?

ETA: I can answer your exercise question better if I know your numbers.

I hit it at july 27th
    And thanks again!

Did you tell MFP that you wanted to lose 2 pounds per week? Because you are losing 2.17 pounds per week. You should only be losing 1 pound a week at your weight. You are eating an average of 583 calories too few per day.

If your eating has been consistent for the last 80 days your actual starting weight was 168 on May 20. You have lost 21 pounds so far.

Yes i told mfp to lose 2lb per week. Wow i didnt even think about it like that! So im losing to quickly then?

Yes. Reset MFP for 1 pound a week and enjoy many more calories. You can bank some of those during the week and have a bigger meal on the weekend to enjoy.

I have your maintenance calories around 2280. That was based on 42 days of data which is probably enough to be close but not necessarily 100 percent.

I truly appreciate your advice!!! Hopefully it will work out. Thanks!!!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I very often get a new low weight after nearly 3 weeks of waiting. I have waited 7 before.

I believe though if you are trying to lose 1 pound a week you are actually ahead of schedule which I know sounds odd since you thought you were in a plateau. If you got to the 147 in 66 days (2 weeks ago) you are losing at 1.38 pounds per week. This would put your average deficit at 689 calories per day. Meaning you would need to be eating 189 more calories per day to lose at the selected rate of loss.

This assumes you didn't have any water weight loss in your first week. I can run your numbers again without any water weight 'noise' if you give me your weight on May 30 and the exact date you hit 147.
    If i can be honest. I didnt weigh myself the first month because i was afraid id fall into bad eating disorder habits which thankfully I havent. I didnt officially weigh myself until june 15 at 160. I also wonder should I be eating back my calories that I burned? Would that help?

The June 15th info is fine. I can work with that. What was the exact date you hit 147?

I hit it at july 27th
    And thanks again!

Did you tell MFP that you wanted to lose 2 pounds per week? Because you are losing 2.17 pounds per week. You should only be losing 1 pound a week at your weight. You are eating an average of 583 calories too few per day.

If your eating has been consistent for the last 80 days your actual starting weight was 168 on May 20. You have lost 21 pounds so far.

Yes i told mfp to lose 2lb per week. Wow i didnt even think about it like that! So im losing to quickly then?

Yes. Reset MFP for 1 pound a week and enjoy many more calories. You can bank some of those during the week and have a bigger meal on the weekend to enjoy.

I have your maintenance calories around 2280. That was based on 42 days of data which is probably enough to be close but not necessarily 100 percent.

I truly appreciate your advice!!! Hopefully it will work out. Thanks!!!

No problem. Happy to help.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

I hit it at july 27th
    And thanks again!

Yes.

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I just dropped 1kg within a couple of days after not moving for weeks. I wouldn’t be worried