will the cellulite go with regular running?

i have cellulite on my thighs and under my butt..
i wanted to know if it will go away if i run regularly?

Replies

• tiggr62
    tiggr62 Posts: 64 Member
    I don't know , but if it does I'm going to start running.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Ha ha I'm with you Tiggr!
  • SLN11
    SLN11 Posts: 210
    *Bump*

I would think it would slowly go away as your skin gets more toned however I am not 100%

I agree if it does work I will be running all the time haha ;)
  • Pappabacon
    Pappabacon Posts: 104 Member
    There are very very fit people that still have cellulite. It is about your genetics.

http://acefitness.infopop.net/3/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=799290654&f=4852980327&m=1082941457
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Cellulite has nothing to do with weight, it's to do with genetics and skin type. So if you have it, the only way to get rid of it is the medical enhancement route :-(
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    In my experience - no.
  • I have been running for about 2 years and my cellulite is almost gone. It will work but it will take time. If you want instant results buy the cream on the shopping network that is made from 500% caffeine, you can buy it for 15 easy payments of $19.95 :P
  • I have cellulite but it has reduced significantly in the past year that I have been running. To the point that I have barely any. I am guessing that in general I have just elminated some fat on my legs.
  • i have cellulite on my thighs and under my butt..
    i wanted to know if it will go away if i run regularly?

I wish I had taken pictures of my thighs. I would have if I had known the improvement that I would have. I didn't run, I did low-impact aerobics and walked a lot and just the decrease in fat knocked that cellulite right on out of there.

I don't think it matters if you run, walk, jump, or whatever, it is about fat loss. I still have some under my butt, i am hoping that goes away after a while, too.
  • YES! it worked for me :)
  • No, but your buns will get firmer and that always looks good.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Even when i was my thinnest, a size 4 i still had cellulite. So i'm sure no matter what i do its going nowhere.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    For me, it did go away as my legs got toned (that was before 40) - and yes it was from running and walking. Diet only did not work.... I am hoping that mine will go away again, it looks like it is less than before though so I am hoping for the best (:
  • karoumee
    karoumee Posts: 100
    thank u all for javing taken time to reply...
    i guess its really about genetics..for some people it will go with exercise bt for others it stays... :/
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    sadly, cellulite is largely genetic. and a mostly female problem.

you may be able to minimize the appearance of cellulite as you lose weight, however, I know a lot of very slim athletes who still have it :(
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    I run & now weigh around 126. I just have a little belly fat left. (I run 2-4 miles, 5 days a week.)