1200 Calorie Goal?

Options
1235»

Replies

• lancejohnston523
    lancejohnston523 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering how many of you including the OP actually need to be eating as little as 1200 cals a day. Usually it's only applicable to those who are very petite/ older...

It's about sustainability. If you can't consistently eat those few calories then how will you stick to it? And thus begins the yo yo dieting cycle - proved by all the returning posters who are back for the nth time here to tackle their weight loss.

Btw I am petite, lost 20lbs+ eating 1700-1800 cals a day/ 0.5 lb a week. And the best thing :- I haven't regained, this is year 5 at maintenance for me.

Congratulations - You did it right -slow and steady on weight loss will make it easier to keep it off in the future.
  • darshemail
    darshemail Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    5'2 female. I lost weight at 1200 but now in maintenance around 1400. Being vegetarian helps with my low calorie eating. But I have to be careful to eat nutrtionally dense or healthier foods that have vitamins I need, otherwise my hair falls out more and I get dark circles around my eyes. If I excercise, I eat half those calories back...but I plan my workout right before a meal so I don't eat another snack. It sux being shorter and knowing that I shouldn't eat so much for the rest of my life to maintain. My diary is open to friends feel free to add me if anyone wants.
  • GemJade11
    GemJade11 Posts: 9 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I eat around 1200-1400 calories w/o exercise and it's been great for me. I've lost 30lbs so far. I used to think that it wasn't "sustainable" or ill advised since I started at 6'0 and 270 lbs, but it works for me. Even when I went to maintenance for a bit, I didn't gain it all back. Long story short people should do what works for them. I eat 3 meals a day with multiple snacks.
  • michellewale1977
    michellewale1977 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I’m 5 feet and a vegetarian, trying to eat around 1400-1500 net with less than 24g saturated fat. (Not overly focussed on calories though, following a protein/carb ratio instead.) Need to lose a small wobbly belly and improve my muscle tone. Just done my first week and it’s been so hard figuring out what to eat without going over saturated fat or falling well short of calories. But I’ve tweaked my diary for next week so it should be easier from now on. However, would love some more friends, especially short veggies, so I can get some food inspiration from you all 😊