8 days of a diet break; 2.5lbs gained!

Options
I've been eating right around 1200 calories for several months now; and I've lost about 45lbs since March. I went on vacation and had intended to set my calories to maintenance for the eight days I was gone. I found it too hard to track solely on my phone (I usually only use my laptop, but I left it at home).

For most of the trip, I had no cell phone service, so I decided not to worry about tracking/eating light and ate and drank whatever I wanted. I also exercised less and differently than what I normally do.

Two and a half pounds seems pretty reasonable for daily (alcohol) drinking and eating in restaurants for a least one meal per day!!

Back at it today!!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Great attitude.
    If you are just back there may still be a little water weight to lose and food still in transit.

Cheers, h.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    and if you flew, then some of that could just be travel water weight
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,470 Member
    Options
    Yes, water weight from flying or other longer travel, more food in your intestines, maybe more water weight due to more salt. I bet your weight will be down by quite a bit in a week <3
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    I did fly round trip half way across the country. I also didn't drink much water, or have regular (sorry, TMI) bowel movements. Today, I'm getting all of that back on track. There's no place like home to go p...p!

Ya, my digestive system doesn't like strange bathrooms either :)
  • yirara
    Options
    I did fly round trip half way across the country. I also didn't drink much water, or have regular (sorry, TMI) bowel movements. Today, I'm getting all of that back on track. There's no place like home to go p...p!

I bet you'll be fine <3 I like to think of it this way: While you're back home your body is still on vacation. Once it comes home in a few days normal live will resume. I seriously doubt that you really gained more than 0.5lbs. If at all :) I hope you had a fantastic trip.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    you did fabulous!- I know you will see a loss this next time you step on the scale
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    That's really a pretty kind result for doing what you wanted. For me the take away from that is that by being vigilant normally you have got a good idea of portions and types of food to eat and are probably naturally keeping to sensible boundaries. Good for you.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    One pound lost overnight! I also ate poorly yesterday--I guess I'm still on vacation!!
  • yirara
    Options
    One pound lost overnight! I also ate poorly yesterday--I guess I'm still on vacation!!

Yay!