God Help Me, Please

Options
Hi. My name is Julie. I'm 53 years old and need to lose 50 lbs. I'm struggling to do so because of a couple health issues and medication. Yep, some medications cause weight gain and thus prevent weight loss.
I feel like I'll always be on an uphill battle, but I know God will see me through this journey. I cannot help myself on this one and apparently neither can any doctor.
God helps those who cannot help themselves, not just those who can.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Julie. I'm 53 years old and need to lose 50 lbs. I'm struggling to do so because of a couple health issues and medication. Yep, some medications cause weight gain and thus prevent weight loss.
    I feel like I'll always be on an uphill battle, but I know God will see me through this journey. I cannot help myself on this one and apparently neither can any doctor.
    God helps those who cannot help themselves, not just those who can.
    I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Believe in yourself you can do it, it just takes time.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Medications don’t cause weight gain. Your consumption of too many calories caused the weight gain and are preventing you from losing.

Some medications certainly can cause weight gain. Steroids are one. Anybody can google this issue and get a list of medications that can cause this problem. Here's one source of many:

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?contenttypeid=56&contentid=DM300

Julie, I urge you to talk to your doctor. He/she would be better able to address medication problems. Best wishes to you.

• msweezybear66
    msweezybear66 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you Julie! I also take meds that cause weight gain and I have 100 lbs to lose ... so I totally get the frustration part of it all. However, I’m thankful for this app which helps us so easily keep up with our calories and nutrients!
  • PlaceboFX
    PlaceboFX Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello Julie! One thing I’ve been struggling to learn and accept during the past year and a half since my chronic illness diagnosis is how to trust God, even when things don’t go our way. It’s something I’ll still working on.
    Feel free to send me a friend request, maybe we can be encouragement for each other. :)