Macros help

Options
Hello everyone :)

I am 24 (almost 25) years old, 155cm, 56kg, and im getting back to sports and healthy lifestyle. Ive been wondering what my macros should look like. It is very confusing to decide 😂 maybe someone can help me?

My workout will start with 3 times a week and go up to 5 times a week. Running/swimming + light strength straining. My diet is a normal healthy balanced one (nothing special and too complicated that i cant stick to all the time).

So- macros %? Anyone has any idea?
Please dont tell me i should have it in a certain range cause thats what i found on the internet and im still not sure what to choose.

Thank you bunches!!!!

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    most people find nothing wrong with the default MFP macro % that you get (roughtly 50% carbs; 25% protein, 25% fat). I'd recommend running your stats and your goals and start with those - then after a month re-evaluate. But at 123lbs (56kg) you are well in the normal range for weight at your height (so focusing on recomp - losing fat, but gaining muscle may be a better option for you)
  • RueAsaad
    RueAsaad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    most people find nothing wrong with the default MFP macro % that you get (roughtly 50% carbs; 25% protein, 25% fat). I'd recommend running your stats and your goals and start with those - then after a month re-evaluate. But at 123lbs (56kg) you are well in the normal range for weight at your height (so focusing on recomp - losing fat, but gaining muscle may be a better option for you)

Yes thats exactly what im after :) shouldnt i make protein a bit higher?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I stick with the mfp assigned macros. I don't pay much attention to them. I focus on staying in a calorie deficit.

Good luck with your journey!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    RueAsaad wrote: »

Yes thats exactly what im after :) shouldnt i make protein a bit higher?

you can - but you don't have to...personally, i would set your goal to maintanance or like .5lb a week loss (and remember MFP goals do not include purposeful exercise, they intend for you to each back a portion). Personally, i do 135g protein (+/- 10g) daily while is about .85g/overall body weight - so you could do something like 100-105g if you wanted (but you don't have to)
  • RueAsaad
    RueAsaad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much 😊
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Because I had/have health concerns and on meds, I watch my macros like a hawk, especially the C/F/P and Cholesterol/Sodium. I want to know exactly how much I am putting in my body to be at my healthiest and strongest. MFP suggested macros is completely wrong for me. I adjust them as I go.