Is anyone weighing in at 154 pounds? which is 70kg or 11 stone?

Options
Hello,

I'm looking for support from other ladies/men around this weight.

Im 5'4 and 154 way too heavy for what I'm used to! I put on alot of weight after a break up I now have a new partner and I'm desperate to get back to the size I used to be.

I'm currently on a 1,200 kcals per day, and I'm exercising 4 times a week (a combination of cardio and strength) To be honest I don't seem to be getting anywhere fast!

Current weight 154 pounds
Height 5'4
Age 30

Who else is in the same boat?

Replies

• Lindsay375
    Lindsay375 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I started at 152 lbs and 5’3” at the beginning of May. I’m down to 137 right now with a goal of 130.

I am set as lightly active and was originally at 1400 and am now down to 1330 a day. With this I have averaged about 1 lb/week. I found 1200 too restrictive and frustrating to see water weight come back as soon as I ate at maintenance for a day. My water weight fluctuates but not as drastically at just a hundred or two more calories a day! I do find my pant for is a better indicator then my scale sometimes, because I did plateau in weight but my pants kept getting looser!
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    I've been on here since 2012 and in my experience there's nothing better than consistency; boring, ruthless, unapologetic consistency. I'd wager your TDEE to be in the 1900-2000 range so 1 lb/week at 1200 would be about the max loss to expect as others noted; a less aggressive rate would likely boost adherence and will be necessary as you get closer to goal weight as well.
  • unicorngems
    unicorngems Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow what wonderful replies from everyone so much helpful advice. I had a weigh in today and I've lost 2.3 lbs so I'm really happy that some thing seems to be working!

Ive heard alot about this Keto diet...I don't yet know enough about it to make any judgements on it...but willing to see if anything else works better for me!!

Thanks for all the replies. My goal weight is between 123 lbs and 125 lbs which is what I used to weigh 2 years ago....over each year since I put a stone on:-(

• staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Don't be discouraged if the weight loss slows a little--at the beginning of deficits glycogen and water weight often goes in a whoosh, especially in low carb diets, then the fat loss gradually catches up.

Personally the idea of cutting out carbs has never appealed to me. I preferred a mild deficit to achieve my weight goals, and don't demonise any food groups. Nothing is off limits, but I feel better when I'm eating a balanced diet with plenty of whole foods. 1200 can be pretty aggressive--I aim for no more than a 500 cal deficit a day, personally, or I'm prone to secret late night binging.

I'm 154 but I'm 6 ft and it's my maintenance weight.
  • unicorngems
    Options

kimny72 wrote: »
    Hello,

Im 5'4 and 154 way too heavy for what I'm used to! I put on alot of weight after a break up I now have a new partner and I'm desperate to get back to the size I used to be.

I'm currently on a 1,200 kcals per day, and I'm exercising 4 times a week (a combination of cardio and strength) To be honest I don't seem to be getting anywhere fast!

Height 5'4
    Age 30

How long have you been trying?

At 5'4 154, you aren't going to get to goal fast, you should be expecting an average of around 1lb per week :wink:

These threads might help:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1

Thats great advice thank you. I lost 2.3 lbs last week so that must be quite good. I've just never had to lose weight like this before so didn't really know what to expect...I have always kept fit and always maintained until about 2 years ago where I just totally stopped exercising and I guess I was eating the wrong food. If I could of just stopped and shook myself back then I wouldn't be going through this now! It's so hard!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,751 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I have always kept fit and always maintained until about 2 years ago where I just totally stopped exercising and I guess I was eating the wrong food. If I could of just stopped and shook myself back then I wouldn't be going through this now! It's so hard!

What would make things easier is to realize that the reduction in exercise caused your caloric expenditure to decrease. And that the "wrong" food, was ANY food you consumed excess calories off. Though the actor is usually you, not the food!

Reducing your caloric deficit to a level that is more sustainable for you will make things less hard too!

A bit of extra activity and an increased awareness of what and why you eat that leads you to the creation of a mild caloric deficit are really NOT that hard to do! And can be kept at for months if you create a plan that suits you.

A half lb a week takes you to your target weight by next year... and well on the process of continuing the same way into maintenance.

A small deficit means minor, if any, changes when you get to maintenance. Which often means that to even get there you will have to concoct and implement a plan that--for you--is semi sustainable.
  • unicorngems
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I have always kept fit and always maintained until about 2 years ago where I just totally stopped exercising and I guess I was eating the wrong food. If I could of just stopped and shook myself back then I wouldn't be going through this now! It's so hard!

What would make things easier is to realize that the reduction in exercise caused your caloric expenditure to decrease. And that the "wrong" food, was ANY food you consumed excess calories off. Though the actor is usually you, not the food!

Reducing your caloric deficit to a level that is more sustainable for you will make things less hard too!

A bit of extra activity and an increased awareness of what and why you eat that leads you to the creation of a mild caloric deficit are really NOT that hard to do! And can be kept at for months if you create a plan that suits you.

A half lb a week takes you to your target weight by next year... and well on the process of continuing the same way into maintenance.

A small deficit means minor, if any, changes when you get to maintenance. Which often means that to even get there you will have to concoct and implement a plan that--for you--is semi sustainable.

I take full responsibility that I was eating too many calories, I was at a low point and simply did not have the motivation to exercise regularly. Food has sort of also been a comfort for me in the past so when I've been feeling low I've been known to order pizza's or eat large bars of chocolates. I'm now understanding I need to change and tracking everything. I am exercising 4 days a week. I do boot camp, 'boxercise' class, kettle bells class and a core class. I also do at least 45 minutes of walking per day.

What I'm trying to get my head around is the extra calories 'earned' I don't always eat all of these back. Although I recently read on here I should be!
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi! Another 5'4" person here. The posts kimny posted are very helpful for starting out. When is comes to weight loss, slow and steady wins the race. Losing weight too fast can have negative side effects. It is best to lose at a slow to moderate rate for health reasons and also to work on your eating habits and relationship with food.
  • unicorngems
    Options
    Hello,

Height 5'4
    Age 30

At 5'4 154, you aren't going to get to goal fast, you should be expecting an average of around 1lb per week :wink:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1

Hi Kimny,

That is reassuring to know!
    I feel it could maybe realistically take me between 5-8 months to loose the weight in a healthy way! ;)

I have 30 pounds to lose and this is putting it into perspective for me!
    I'll be sure to check out the links and also to be kinder to myself when it comes to dropping the weight....

I'm exercising and eating right so all in time....:)
    Anyone who wants to follow my journey please feel free to send me a friend request.

I started out at 72.5 kg....so it has been very slow but then again I feel I'm now exercising more and tracking more accurately

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hello,

Height 5'4
    Age 30

Hi Kimny,

That is reassuring to know!
    I feel it could maybe realistically take me between 5-8 months to loose the weight in a healthy way! ;)

I have 30 pounds to lose and this is putting it into perspective for me!
    I'll be sure to check out the links and also to be kinder to myself when it comes to dropping the weight....

I'm exercising and eating right so all in time....:)
    Anyone who wants to follow my journey please feel free to send me a friend request.

I started out at 72.5 kg....so it has been very slow but then again I feel I'm now exercising more and tracking more accurately

Yep, the diet industry and the entertainment industry make it seem like if you just eat the right things the right way you can lose a bunch of lbs a week and in a month or two you're a fitness model Instagram star :lol:

It's a shame, because it makes a lot of us feel like failures when really we are just living real life. I'm 5'4 (and 1/2) and I started at 145ish. I lost the first 5 lbs at about 1 lb per week, but 140 to 125 took me over a year, at a pace of just about 1 lb per month. I probably could've restricted my calories a little more, or worked out a little more, and lost a little faster, but honestly I learned so much about how to eat for the rest of my life (as opposed to just to lose the weight) that I have no regrets.

I would keep 8 months in your head instead of 5, because as you get closer and closer to goal, it's going to be harder and harder to keep a big enough deficit, so the last 10 lbs or so will probably be at 0.5lbs per week. Plus there will be some holidays in there, you might get a head cold that keeps you from exercising for a week or two, all the little real life stuff that slows you down sometimes. It's good to allow for the occasional wandering off the path. Anyway, you've got this - good luck!
  • Devonanne
    Devonanne Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m 35, 5’4” and 157lbs. Never managed to get back down to where I should be after having my kids - I felt best at around 125-130lbs when I was in good shape. I feel like the older you get the longer it can take for your hard work to pay off. I’m trying 16:8 fasting now, not because I think there’s anything magical about it but I do best when I have some kind of program to follow, and cutting out evening snacking helps me stick to my calorie goal much better!
  • unicorngems
    Options
    Devonanne wrote: »
    Hello! I’m 35, 5’4” and 157lbs. Never managed to get back down to where I should be after having my kids - I felt best at around 125-130lbs when I was in good shape. I feel like the older you get the longer it can take for your hard work to pay off. I’m trying 16:8 fasting now, not because I think there’s anything magical about it but I do best when I have some kind of program to follow, and cutting out evening snacking helps me stick to my calorie goal much better!

That's wonderful thanks for your reply feel free to follow my feed and my diary is open now for friends!