5'2 women what are your measurements?

dustyrosex
dustyrosex Posts: 6 Member
I'm 5'2, around 138-141 pounds and my measurements are 33-25-37(or 38). My navel measurement is 29. I haven't seen too many girls around my weight/height have my measurements so I wonder if anyone's close

Replies

• HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    5'3
    131lbs (GW is 120)
    Chest: 36
    Waist: 32
    Hips: 38
  • walkerse3
    walkerse3 Posts: 17 Member
    5'3 (and a half - seems important to count the halves when your shorter)
    37-29.5-37
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    5'1 here

Measurements on 3.31.17
    C 33.5
    W 31
    H 33.25
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    5'2"
    SW: 175lb Jan 2017
    CW: 157lb
    GW: 125-130lb by Oct 2017
    Chest:36in
    Waist: 28.5in
    Hips: 46in
  • stacj27
    stacj27 Posts: 71 Member
    5'2"
    Chest: 41
    Waist: 32
    Hips: 42

I'm hoping to get to 36-26-36
  • sgallagherxo
    sgallagherxo Posts: 89 Member
    When I was 147lbs
    Chest 41" (33" back)
    Waist 30"
    Hips 39"
  • zaricsL
    zaricsL Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 5'2
    Chest: 32
    Waist: 25
    Hip: 31
    Weight: 121
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    walkerse3 wrote: »
    5'3 (and a half - seems important to count the halves when your shorter)
    37-29.5-37

My measurements are literally exactly the same as yours! My aim is a smaller waist and bigger booty!
  • xandra47
    xandra47 Posts: 121 Member
    5 foot nothing
    Weight: 135
    Chest: 33
    Waist: 30
    Belly: 36
    Hips: 42
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    5ft 2
    weight 128lbs
    chest 32
    waist 26.6
    belly 35
    hips 35.5
  • mikusfikus
    mikusfikus Posts: 13 Member
    edited May 2017
    What's the difference between waist and belly? I always just measure my waist at belly button level. Where is the "belly" measurement taken?
  • acopeland321
    acopeland321 Posts: 23 Member
    5'2.5
    34-24-36.
    I would like smaller hips, to match my waist a but more.
  • biggestloser90
    biggestloser90 Posts: 31 Member
    mikusfikus wrote: »
    What's the difference between waist and belly? I always just measure my waist at belly button level. Where is the "belly" measurement taken?

Belly is across the belly button. Waist is the smallest part above your belly.
  • mikusfikus
    mikusfikus Posts: 13 Member
    mikusfikus wrote: »

Belly is across the belly button. Waist is the smallest part above your belly.

Thank you!
  • crystalrios2008
    crystalrios2008 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m 5”2
    Weight 119.2
    Chest 34
    Waist 23
    Hips 33
  • sdewey415
    sdewey415 Posts: 93 Member
    For chest, do we measure right under our breast or across?
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    I'm 5'2"
    currently 142 aiming for 120-125
    chest 34.5
    waist 29
    Hips I haven't kept track but I should!
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 276 Member
    I'm 5' 1'
    CW 117.2 lb / 53.3 kg
    GW 104 lb / 47 kg
    chest 36
    waist 32 - aiming for 27-30
    hips 38 - 36 - 37 👙👗
    I always have thick waist and wide hips.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    5'1
    Bust - 35.3
    Waist - 28
    Hips - 36

At least this was true last time I measured. Need to focus more on measurements.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    5'3 (.5 too, hah!)
    133 lbs

If I remember last I measured I was somewhere around here. (without my book present to go look)

Bust- 36
    Waist- 28
    Hips- 37
  • tavia28
    tavia28 Posts: 60 Member
    I'm 5'3
    SW: 225.6
    CW: 214.0
    GW: 150-155

Bust-42.5
    Waist- 35
    Hips- 46
  • Addictead
    Addictead Posts: 66 Member
    5'2, 131-135 range
    37.5/38
    I hold 99% of my fat in my thigh/hips. My bust and waist don't get much larger, It's everything else :D
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    I'm 5'0", so a liiitttlle short.

Weight - 113lbs
    Bust - 36"
    Waist - 26"
    Hips - 35"

Really want to add another inch to my glutes, I shrunk my waist too small. Or shrink my waist another inch. I used to have a 10" difference.

I don't measure my waist at the belly button. Waist measurements for women are taken at the thinnest part of the waist, where it bends. Waist measurements for men are taken at the navel.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    5'3", 135 pounds
    Bust 34
    Waist (narrowest) 29.5
    Waist (bellybutton) 35
    Hips 38

I've been at my current weight about a year, and in that time my measurements have fluctuated up and down a bit but stayed mainly the same except my waist, which decreased by about an inch, possibly due to the contraction of some loose skin. Then added weight training about 6 months ago and my hip measurements increased by about an inch. I confirmed yesterday through 'before and after' pics that the increased hip measurement was all glutes—yay!

The changes are modest and I'm still not actually at goal weight; even still, my body shape is visibly better with an inch less waist and an inch more butt than it was a year ago. Last year I was wearing Spanx under my summer dresses; this year feeling a lot less sweaty without them!
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    I'm a bit taller lol
    5'4" 134 lbs
    Bust: 35 inches
    Waist: 29 inches
    Hips: 39 inches
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    5'1'', kind of in-between 5'1'' and 5'2'' if it helps lol.

138 pounds.
    Bust 37 inches
    Waist (narrowest part): 30 inches
    Hips: 37 inches.

I'm pretty straight up and down, body-type wise. Maybe a little top heavy in the shoulders, but nothing dramatic.
  • sam33a
    sam33a Posts: 31 Member
    This is a depressing thread. I've always known that I look much bigger than I weigh but it's quite shocking just how much bigger I am compared to others my weight. My measurements are huge in comparison to most people's on here. I'm 5'2 and weigh 138 lbs. Most of my weight is on my stomach. I wonder if it's because of all the crash diets I did when I was younger and then the rapid weight gain after or just lack of exercise. Perhaps a combination of those factors.
  • HDBKLM
    sam33a wrote: »
    This is a depressing thread. I've always known that I look much bigger than I weigh but it's quite shocking just how much bigger I am compared to others my weight. My measurements are huge in comparison to most people's on here. I'm 5'2 and weigh 138 lbs. Most of my weight is on my stomach. I wonder if it's because of all the crash diets I did when I was younger and then the rapid weight gain after or just lack of exercise. Perhaps a combination of those factors.

Without knowing your measurements this is a shot in the dark—though even if I knew I couldn't be conclusive—my first thought is low muscle mass? Since muscle is more dense than fat one would look smaller (and have smaller measurements) at the same weight if a greater percentage of the body mass were made up of muscle.

You wondered whether there could be a connection to past crash dieting, and I guess it's a possibility. When we lose weight we lose both fat and muscle, then when we gain weight we're mainly just gaining fat (unless of course the gain is due to something like weight lifting rather than overeating), so that muscle-to-fat ratio can become tilted over time if we yo-yo.
  • sam33a
    sam33a Posts: 31 Member
    HDBKLM wrote: »

Without knowing your measurements this is a shot in the dark—though even if I knew I couldn't be conclusive—my first thought is low muscle mass? Since muscle is more dense than fat one would look smaller (and have smaller measurements) at the same weight if a greater percentage of the body mass were made up of muscle.

You wondered whether there could be a connection to past crash dieting, and I guess it's a possibility. When we lose weight we lose both fat and muscle, then when we gain weight we're mainly just gaining fat (unless of course the gain is due to something like weight lifting rather than overeating), so that muscle-to-fat ratio can become tilted over time if we yo-yo.

Thanks for your response. You're right. I do have very low muscle mass. No wonder my weight loss is extremely slow compared to others. I rarely exercise. Guess I need to start seriously thinking about my diet and begin following a proper exercise plan. I'm eating low calories but my food is very high-carb and very low in protein, that can't help.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM wrote: »

Thanks for your response. You're right. I do have very low muscle mass. No wonder my weight loss is extremely slow compared to others. I rarely exercise. Guess I need to start seriously thinking about my diet and begin following a proper exercise plan. I'm eating low calories but my food is very high-carb and very low in protein, that can't help.

Strictly on the eating front there's nothing wrong with high-carb-low-protein, but if you are going to start to incorporate exercise then I think you'll find it beneficial to add more protein. Protein is specifically important for muscle retention and growth, but aside from the biological benefits you may also experience psychological benefits to higher protein consumption that keep you motivated to go back to the gym (or wherever you end up doing your exercise), in the form of seeing more rapid improvements in performance, stamina, etc.

Cardio is good for fat loss and heart health but will have less impact on muscle retention/growth than some form of weight training—and when I talk about weights I don't mean the 3-pound hand weights people use during aerobics. My n=1 results in the 6 months since I started weight training is that even though I don't get big calorie burns from the lifting itself, I can now eat several hundred calories more per day than MFP predicts I can without putting on weight. Having more muscles burning their little internal motors all the time in the background of my life—i.e., even when I'm not exercising—has had a metabolic impact.

There are some great threads on the forums to point the way when you're ready to start investigating exercise plans. One is called something like 'Which lifting program is right for you', another is called 'Recomp'.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!