Celebrity Crush?

Replies

• PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    Last one.. my fellow Brit, Idris Elba. Fingers crossed he’s the next James Bond
    l7j0pkhelh7l.jpeg

Rumors are the next James Bond will be female. At least she's taking on the 007 part.

I heard that but can’t buy into it. He’s called James.

I can see it. It's like the Doctor was never male or female (if regeneration wasn't a thing). It was the name. And this was a bad example.

But, if it happens, it means the agent number is the important part and not the sex of the agent.

Yea I just think the name has become so synonymous with the agent number to the extent that it wouldn't be easy to separate the two.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    l7j0pkhelh7l.jpeg

Rumors are the next James Bond will be female. At least she's taking on the 007 part.

I can see it. It's like the Doctor was never male or female (if regeneration wasn't a thing). It was the name. And this was a bad example.

But, if it happens, it means the agent number is the important part and not the sex of the agent.

Yea I just think the name has become so synonymous with the agent number to the extent that it wouldn't be easy to separate the two.

This was by design. When the 007 stories originated, the whole world had a different mindset, and even the mention of a woman super secret agent would have you laughed out of the room. Times they are a changin.
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    l7j0pkhelh7l.jpeg

"Bond. James Bond."
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    l7j0pkhelh7l.jpeg

This was by design. When the 007 stories originated, the whole world had a different mindset, and even the mention of a woman super secret agent would have you laughed out of the room. Times they are a changin.

I am all for girl-empowerment. Go Wonder Woman!

But I see no need to re-gender a classic character. If Hollywood want to empower a female agent then make one. Don't steal from another.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    InkgirlKC wrote: »
    l7j0pkhelh7l.jpeg

"Bond. Jane Bond."

Take a while to warm up, but I'd get used to it

• PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited August 2019
    InkgirlKC wrote: »
    l7j0pkhelh7l.jpeg

I am all for girl-empowerment. Go Wonder Woman!

But I see no need to re-gender a classic character. If Hollywood want to empower a female agent then make one. Don't steal from another.

Wise, fair, brave and doesn’t mince her words.

P.s wrong thread lol
  • Teenybudda
    Teenybudda Posts: 206 Member
    o97sfg4tagev.jpg

• Teenybudda
    cjq0vce8rxwi.jpg
  • Teenybudda
    edited August 2019
    jf3dte6sz9ox.jpg
    1o000pmyqoe7.jpg
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    David Beckham, Steve Carrell (I get made fun of this by my friends all the time), and Paul Rudd
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Columbus short
    columbus-short-scandal-temper-ftr.jpg?w=600
  • Cutemesoon
    Darrin Henson

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgMnB7LkYg2aXY267MeCuITc6X8R-rcl_lYp8ImIGUlQxmhh6e
  • Cutemesoon
    Winston Duke

3cfb026b90ba768781ed76d080ea3726.jpg
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    72k188b22e3g.jpg

On the right >:)>:)
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Winston Duke

3cfb026b90ba768781ed76d080ea3726.jpg

Yesssssssssssss
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Is it weird I've never had a celebrity crush? I find plenty of them attractive, but...thats typically where it ends for me.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Jimi Hendrix with a Blanche from Golden Girls vibe.