Men...Beauty over brains. Or brains over beauty?

Options
124»

Replies

• Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    why can't a woman be both smart and beautiful? :(

Because that wasn't the question.

Guess we know which side of the equation she falls under.

ouch...
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    In my experience it seems like a lot of men are seriously intimidated by a very intelligent woman. And double intimidated by an intelligent and beautiful woman.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Preferably both but brains always win out for me - I think it's part of my reproductive urge. I always find clever women much more attractive than bimbos.

There are limits of course - Margaret Thatcher is quite clever in a cold and reptilian way, but she is and always has been revolting.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Well........

Some of us women may not be gifted with too many brain cells... But we are gifted in other ways that some may not be.....don't assume I'm talking physically either....

Each to their own....
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    i love how the thread says 'men...beauty over brains. or brains over beauty?'

...and half the responses are..'i know i'm not a man BUT' lmao we women can't let them have anything to themselves... :laugh:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Just because someone has big boobs or likes to take care of themselves doesn't mean they're stupid.
    I'd like to think I'm an intellgent person and I have some big ol' boobies.
    They are just as big as my brain ;) haha.

Again, I didn't SAY that. No one is calling you stupid because you have big boobs. I did not say having big boobs makes one stupid. I asked a question to the MEN.

OH OK I CAN SEE BY THE CAPS LOCK YOU PUT ON MEN THAT MY OPINION IS INVALID...MOVING ALONG NOW...
    I think I just fell in love with you Murph
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options

...and half the responses are..'i know i'm not a man BUT' lmao we women can't let them have anything to themselves... :laugh:

If men did things right the first time....
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options

If men did things right the first time....
    :heart: Just fell in love with you too.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    What say you? Would you rather your woman be super hot or super smart. I'm not talking super smart and bow wow. Or super hot but super dumb. What's your preference? I ask because I once asked my SO, "What is it you like best about me?" I was thinking physical. His answer? "Your mind." Yeah. I got all tingly.

So? I ask again: What say you?

OK so if you're not talking "super smart and bow wow, or super hot but super dumb" then what are you talking? How much intelligence are you willing to trade for how much hotness and vice versa? Cause honestly, if the choice is super hot and average intelligence, or super smart and average looks, then it doesn't really matter. Either of those scenarios is fine.

That being said - it doesn't matter how hot a woman is, if she's annoyingly stupid then it's time to go, but brains can make plain sexy.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The looks might turn their head. It takes the brains and heart to keep them. Same as how women react to guys.

Unless they're zombies. They always go for brains first.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Because that wasn't the question.

Guess we know which side of the equation she falls under.

ouch...

Yes, and I apologize. My post was meant to be taken in complete humor, with zero maliciousness. Meaning teasing rather than insulting. I can easily see how it would come across wrong.

I truly am sorry hun. You have my permission to punch me in the throat.

:)
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Well........

Some of us women may not be gifted with too many brain cells... But we are gifted in other ways that some may not be.....don't assume I'm talking physically either....

Each to their own....

The question was brains or beauty...

But I'm curious, in what ways do you feel a woman could be gifted, outside of the physical, or intellectual?

I have my own thoughts, but I'm looking for yours.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Well........

Each to their own....

The question was brains or beauty...

But I'm curious, in what ways do you feel a woman could be gifted, outside of the physical, or intellectual?

I have my own thoughts, but I'm looking for yours.

Ok - I'm kinda shuffling about in my chair right now.....you have a knack of putting me on the spot Cris....:laugh:

Alright - to answer your question...like myself, I'm not what I would regard as intellectually sound / smart - sometimes, I speak loads of **** in order to cover up this very fact....sad I know...but it works half the time....until people get bored of hearing nonsense...haha...I don't mind admitting this either.

I'm also not what I would regard as stunning in beauty - Don't get me wrong, I'm beautiful - just not stunning. Let me know if you or anyone disagrees - I'd love to hear it! :-)

What I was talking about when I refered to being gifted in other areas, was in my opinion......having a big heart, being kind, generous, caring etc, tolerent.....I realise the question was beauty or brains......I would regard myself as neither, my partner would no doubt go with a bit of both, but I think in his case he would say beauty over brains (if you were asking him about me) - as I certainly don't have the brains.

Saying all that, being back at work has been an eye opener - thought I was backwards - found out I'm not - no-one can get anything the first few times of being told / shown what to do, especially when they're trying to cut corners - gave them an enormous shock when I started pulling everyone up on standards & quality of products! grrr.

Outside of all the above, I would leave the other part of my answer to your imagination! Lets just say, What I lack in some areas, I make up for under the cover of darkness!! :wink:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Please remember that the question was not based on a first impression thing but asking guys what they preferred with knowing a lady.
    No doubt regardless of gender physical appearance will be the first draw but that wasn`t the question,it was after knowing a person what did a guy prefer.

For those old enough to remember the TV show WKRP in Cincinnati the hype was Loni Anderson.
    She was beautiful but if I had my choice would have walked to the end of the Earth for Jan Smithers the other lady on the show.
    She was pretty and just a normal girl next door type who as far as it went for the script didn`t act like an entitled ditz.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Please remember that the question was not based on a first impression thing but asking guys what they preferred with knowing a lady.
    No doubt regardless of gender physical appearance will be the first draw but that wasn`t the question,it was after knowing a person what did a guy prefer.

For those old enough to remember the TV show WKRP in Cincinnati the hype was Loni Anderson.
    She was beautiful but if I had my choice would have walked to the end of the Earth for Jan Smithers the other lady on the show.
    She was pretty and just a normal girl next door type who as far as it went for the script didn`t act like an entitled ditz.

Yep...I'm with you there.

And yeah, I loved that show...lol.
  • Giddeaon
    Giddeaon Posts: 43
    Options
    Beauty or Brains? Honestly, I'll choose Confidence every time because it tacitly implies both of the prior will be part of the entire package. A confident woman is both beautiful AND intelligent. Why settle for just one half of what I'm looking for?
  • bens_mommy
    bens_mommy Posts: 219
    Options

Because some women just aren't?
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options

Because some women just aren't?

burn.