Up 3 pounds since I signed up

Options
...Last week. Because I haven’t been tracking. It feels too overwhelming. I’m so hungry all the time. Highest pregnancy weight was 211. I’m at 163 now. I was at 159...I feel like I’ll never be normal or healthy

Replies

• Red5092
    Red5092 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Start tracking, and don't give up!
  • BubbaMob100
    BubbaMob100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Find the right mindset and stick with it. You can do this.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    It takes time to find your stride with tracking. One week is nowhere near enough time. It doesn't seem like you have a lot of weight to lose so aim for .5 to 1 lb per week.

Losing weight should not be an overwhelming experience, it should just be a process that is sustainable and pleasant, no need to be hungry all the time if you have set your calorie goal at a reasonable rate of loss.

Also MFP is set up so that if you do purposeful excercise you can eat some or even all those calories back.

It takes time and patience but if you give up now you will never make any progress. So keep going and make small adjustments to your lifestyle. Don't worry if you dont get everything perfect all at once. Just take one step at a time.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates day-to-day, my own weight as much as 5lbs.

Get yourself a food scale and track your normal food intake for a couple of days, then look back over it and look at ways you can trim a few calories here and there by making small changes.

You need to give yourself 4-6 weeks to get a trend, one week tells you nothing. It can be useful to try daily weighing for a little while with an app like Libra or Happy Scale, to get to know how your body fluctuates in response to things like more carbs/sodium, exercise, alcohol, dehydration, hormones, etc.

9l4oglz5e1hi.jpg
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Start tracking. And identify the foods which provide you with satiety so you're not feeling hungry all the time.
  • liaoverbrook
    liaoverbrook Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It can be super overwhelming at first but what I find helped me get into the habit of logging is preplanning and logging food and finding ways to satisfy my hunger and still feel full.

Like if wholemeal bread and a salad doesn't fill you up then try looking at having a wrap or a toaster pocket or something similar that still keeps you in your allowance.

I like eating in the evening over during the day in work so i usually eat little during the day then have tea and a snack before bed but it's finding what works for you and if there's a pattern to your hunger x

In my house my mum uses slimming world recipes and we generally substitute stuff for the lower cal version which is a big big calorie saver as you can still have crisp and chocolate but without using 200-300 calories a snack.

You can find what works for you and what keeps you going and motivated, I know a gain can be the most discouraging thing in the world but if you find what works, you'll lose the weight. I know its easier said than done but try not to beat yourself up over this or be disheartened, its just the beginning and in a few weeks those three pounds will be a forgotten memory x its easy to feel like its not working if it doesn't happen immediately but it is a slow lifestyle change but you've got this!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Where are you in your menstrual cycle? I put on 2-3 pounds at ovulation and right before my period, due to water weight. Read this article.

http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Within two weeks, you'll forget what a pain tracking was. As you become more used to it and have more of your foods entered, it's really quick to log your food diary.