Ready for a Change

Options
rklein71
rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
I have been on and off (but mostly off!) MFP for several years. Two years ago my mom was diagnosed with cancer, and her illness became our existence. Due to her unhealth lifestyle and issues resulting therefrom, her options for treatment were limited. I found myself resenting her for not taking steps to be healthier before her cancer was diagnosed. When I am thinking objectively, I believe it would not have made a difference anyway - she had a very aggressive cancer. When I am thinking emotionally, however, I am angry. I quit smoking 4 years ago, but have been smoking since my mom died on June. Last week I went in for a physical. I expected everything to be fine. HOWEVER, when I got the results, I learned that I have metabolic syndrome due to poor diet, lack of exercise and smoking. So today is my day. I bought nicotine patches to start using tomorrow morning, and I am signed up for boot camp starting tomorrow. I will not allow my lifestyle choices now result in anger from my children in the future. I am glad to be back to MFP and look forward to inspiration and encouragement from the rest of you.

Replies

• lvmcdonald
    lvmcdonald Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WOW! Welcome back. I hope you stick with it ;-)
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I know how u are feeling....i lost my mother from cancer in december. I am happy that u made this decision to change yur eating habits. I no u can do this...so lets do this journey together. :smile: