Weight in Stomach ONLY

Options
All of my weight is in my stomach....

I have small legs, small arms....thighs are good....but i have big WHOOPPPPIN' stomach...

anyone else like this? What are you doing for it? Is it really possible to get rid of? My stomach hangs over, it is not a big round one...lol.....it flops down....

help! lol...

Love,
The big whoppin' tummy

Replies

• leilani♥
    leilani♥ Posts: 579
    Options
    bump** I'd like to hear the feedback you get...
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    lol nope..
    im the same except its ALL on my thighs.. no where else..
    makes me very miserable! lol =(
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Lose weight. Your body will figure out where to take it from.
  • unlockthebox
    unlockthebox Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Mine is all in my mid section two... I'm a large frame to so it took a while for it to click how dangerous it had gotten
  • soifua
    soifua Posts: 82
    Options
    I'm not small but everything is proportion to me except my belly, people think I'm pregnant - it's very frustrating. I'd love to know how to get rid of it too. Right now I'm just upping my cardio and eating healthy foods.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options

This.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options

This.
    This again.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

Thank you captain obvious.

On a serious note OP:
    A combo of weights, cardio and a good diet will do wonders for the belly... and the rest of the body.
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Dont feel bad, Im exactly the same way and there are many others as well. :flowerforyou: Just keep working out and eating right, thats all we CAN do right?! My stomach has gone down, but never flat like I want it to. So this time Im sticking with it and not giving up!! I always tell my husband, 'Damn, I would have the perfect body if I didnt have my gut! lol :laugh:

Feel free to add me btw. :)
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm limited on the kinds of exercise I can do, and I also carry a large amount of my excess weight in my stomach...I have lost a LOT of inches in my stomach just from doing the elliptical...I can't do crunches and sit-ups and such, so I believe the elliptical is a wonderful tool...At least, it is working for me....Good luck on your journey..!!.. :flowerforyou:
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    try jillians 6 week 6 pack, also mix in some cardio like running/jogging/swimming, dancing, etc
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Look into stuff that will maximize the after-burn effect and like someone else said your body will compensate where to take weight from. Tummy area is unfortunately the hardest and slowest of areas to reduce. Sit ups, crunches, abdominal leg raises etc will tone the muscle under the flab and keep your cardio up will burn the fat. :)
  • c_ramey
    c_ramey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have lost 53 lbs and not alot of that from the stomach area. It is better, but hoping the last 10-15 pounds will help. You can't really target one area of your body, but since I don't have anywhere else for it to come from maybe it will start coming off!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    People store their weight in different areas.

Most women store in the legs/thighs/butt.

You happen to be unlucky, and have a much worse form of storing weight, around the stomach like men do. The problem with weight around the mid section is it is much worse for you than weight in other places. There is a strong correlation between central obesity and cardiovascular disease, much more so than fat around the legs or arms.

The bad news is: Your body stores fat there naturally, so it will be the last place to come off, meaning your 6pack will be very hard to see until you are at a very low body fat percentage.

You will lose weight fairly proportionately around your body, until you get to a fairly low BF% though.

Good luck, for your health its quite important you work hard to get it off that stomach!
  • kmhamilton6
    kmhamilton6 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Could someone look at my diary and give feedback so I can get this belly fat OFF MEEEEEEEEEE (screaming)

HELP!!
  • alisonwww
    alisonwww Posts: 104
    Options
    Walk everyday, run if you can, cardio exercise. Crunches help too, but cardio works best for belly fat...THEY say...
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Make sure you also have some relaxation times - constant low levels of underlying stress will keep cortisol in your bloodstream and this triggers the body to store fat in the abdomen.
  • spongela
    spongela Posts: 107
    Options
    yeah i am the say way, the only place i really put on weight is my stomach and some on my thighs. I am being persist ant though with working out with cardio, strength and weights training, and have also changed my diet to eat more cleaner foods . I can feel my stomach getting slightly harder through the muscles im building up but i am still fighting to get the last bit of fat there

Its just annoying how i don't really need to lose a lot more weight all over apart from my stomach but i guess i have to keep fighting to lower my body fat percentage and hope eventually my stomach will fall into porportion with the rest of my body.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'm not small but everything is proportion to me except my belly, people think I'm pregnant - it's very frustrating. I'd love to know how to get rid of it too. Right now I'm just upping my cardio and eating healthy foods.

id gotten that twice before i lost weight (and idk how many people thought it) still have a larger tummy than the rest of me someday it'll even out im sure
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue.....All in my stomach. I started doing the C25K about 15 weeks ago and have seen a significant difference in this area though so this is what I am sticking to....running 3 days a week now....3-4 miles each day :)