NSV...even after 92lbs

Options
Even after losing 92lbs this NSV is the best victory as of yet! Today I ran my first mile since I was a freshman in high school...over 22 years ago! Up till this point I've walked 3-5 miles or done Zumba. The pride I feel can be likened to the emotion I felt giving birth to my children. Euphoria! I hope that you too will feel this feel of extreme accomplishment. Good luck to you all!
God Bless!

Replies

• fitnfreeme
    fitnfreeme Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Excellent, way to go after new goals. You should feel very proud!!!
  • jbudge1
    jbudge1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That is a great accomplishment! Keep it up!
  • Lisamariemlt
    Lisamariemlt Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    congrats I'm struggling and your words are very inspirational
  • IggyL
    IggyL Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!! Congratulations that is AWESOME!!!!
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Very nice job! And guess what. Keep at it and you will go faster, further and it will be easier! A few months ago I felt exactly what you did. I had not run a mile since HS gym class 24+ years ago! Today I ran my 1st official 5k in 27:55. Actually crossing the finish line in a running event was a great feeling.

I can't wait to hear about you hitting two miles, then three, then....??? :smile:
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    Thanks! I'm planning on doing the CRIM....Today was the first mile in the many I will do!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Congrats!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I love this story!
  • debclif
    debclif Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Keep up the good work!!!! You're AWESOME!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    A quick follow up for y'all....I got up and ran another mile today in 11 minutes. I'm on my way!

Thanks for all your kind words...be inspired...be determined. Never be derailed!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    that's great! Up until a few months ago, I had not run since high school...and I ran in high school only because it was required as part of gym class. I used to give all sorts of excuses as to why I couldn't run....flat feet, would get shin splints, don't like it, etc. but, it feels very rewarding to be able to run now. I'm up to 2.2 miles without stopping and I'm hoping to do my first 5k before long. keep it up.
  • Maagrie
    Maagrie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That is so great! I SO understand how you feel. Today was the first day in my LIFE that I've EVER jogged(shuffle really) a 1/2 mile! I fit it into my regular 3-5 mile walk(3 miles today) to push myself. I've done short (shuffles) a bit before. But, when I hit the spot that I promised I would jog to I just kept on going. I love the way I feel now! What a great mood it puts you in!

Congratulations on your accomplishment!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    fantastic nsv
  • ritaisblsd49
    Options
    That's awesome. I'm looking forward to that day.:smile:
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    What a great story, well done!:happy:
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    Holy cattle!!!! I'm up to 2 miles in 21 minutes!!!
    Rock on!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Before you know it you'll be running 5 miles! I highly recommend drinking a protein shake after running, it has helped me with recovery. Last year I tried running, I never even attempted the mile run in high school. But last year, I got way too many injuries. I had to stop. This year, I started slower and drank protein shakes afterwards. I also stopped stretching. I realized without stretching I could run even farther.

Last Saturday I ran 4.5 miles!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!