Slowly but surely getting to the goal

Options
Hi there I'm Alley and the 5 Feb 2019, my journey started, to be quite honest I lose then fall back into old habits, then pull myself together, then start over again.... rollercoaster lol, but you know what I decided not to be hard on myself and go with my own vibe... well February when i started my weight was 148.9kg...oh yeah, well this morning 18 Aug 2019 its 130.8kg. When i started i had this goal by losing 5kg per month, so by now was suppose to have been close to a 100kg. Today i ask myself why the pressure, why do we do it to ourselves... i don't follow a diet, i just try to eat 1300 calories a day... i try lol, some days it's over 2000 and other days its lil bit more than 2000, the great thing is I make the decision and by consuming more than 2000 calories i know the consequences and also know that i have to correct it in the days to come. I'm happy doing it my way, try to something that's your way, it will make the journey easier.... longer but easier.

Replies

• mo1700
    mo1700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well done on getting there, that is a brilliant lose and doing it as part of a life style change is fantastic, well done again 😊
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,448 Member
    Options
    Well done, that's the way I am doing it to not following a diet but just eating less that 1200 calories and exercising more, I have found adding friends this time has kept me motivated.
    Good luck.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    “Slowly but surely getting to the goal”

Best way.

Especially if you want to get there and stay there.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Great attitude that will get you far! :smiley:

Bit of unsolicited commentary (that you can feel free to ignore), but 1300 as a base calorie level for you sounds low. You might benefit from adjusting it up. Take a look at your weekly logged averages compared to your weekly losses to see what your actual deficit is :smile:
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Well done! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. You can do it! 🌺
  • fatoldladyonamission
    fatoldladyonamission Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a similar start weight to you, but only been on plan a week. Hoping to lose 2lbs a week, using a low calorie diet to do it. If you want to add me for support and accountability you're very welcome. I'm here every day.