Need advice for Workout Videos at home!

Options
Hi there!

Due to my recent schedule- I've found myself trying to work out more at home. Sometimes, I am great at doing my regular routine- but other times, I would rather just turn on a fitness video and allow someone to lead me through a workout? (esp in the mornings! I get distracted!)

Do you have any favorite sources for at-home Workout Videos? Especially looking for free, strength and/or cardio videos! I have access to netflix, youtube, etc.
Thank you!

(also, feel free to add me! having a strong positive network helps motivate me to log daily!)

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Netflix dropped all of their fitness videos awhile back.

On youtube - Jessica Smith TV is a favorite of mine.

For DVDs (check your library) Kelly Coffey Meyer is wonderful. Encouraging but not in a syrupy way.
    https://www.collagevideo.com/collections/kelly-coffey-meyer
  • SquirrelBrain
    SquirrelBrain Posts: 58 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I just recently noticed that Amazon Prime Video includes a large selection of exercise and fitness workouts free with Prime membership. I haven't looked through them all yet so don't have any specific recommendations. You can filter by type such as cardio, strength, yoga etc.

I know there are a lot on Youtube as well but I seem to have a hard time finding them and then keeping track of them once I do.
  • noelr56
    noelr56 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just recently noticed that Amazon Prime Video includes a large selection of exercise and fitness workouts free with Prime membership. I haven't looked through them all yet so don't have any specific recommendations. You can filter by type such as cardio, strength, yoga etc.

I know there are a lot on Youtube as well but I seem to have a hard time finding them and then keeping track of them once I do.

I have the same problem- I end up falling down the youtbue rabbit hole or if I do find something, I can't find it again later and spend too much time searching!
  • noelr56
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Netflix dropped all of their fitness videos awhile back.

On youtube - Jessica Smith TV is a favorite of mine.

For DVDs (check your library) Kelly Coffey Meyer is wonderful. Encouraging but not in a syrupy way.
    https://www.collagevideo.com/collections/kelly-coffey-meyer

awesome, thank you!!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,931 Member
    Options
    noelr56 wrote: »

I have the same problem- I end up falling down the youtbue rabbit hole or if I do find something, I can't find it again later and spend too much time searching!

Are you logged in when you use youtube? If so, from the computer you can easily find videos in your History and then save them to your Library.

I have a regular Watch Later, and also a folder for Exercise videos.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender. Sydney Cummings, Jessica Smith,

Paid subscriptions I like ate Beachbody on Demand and I'm considering Cathe on Demand.
  • Brunette122
    Brunette122 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Fitness sugar on YouTube is awesome!
  • neyagoal
    neyagoal Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    When I just started,I knew I HAD to do excersise and I followed Fitness blender on YouTube.. Fairly good.. Then I descovered Jillian Michael's workouts and then I started to LOVE working out.. This was 3 years ago and I still return back to her videos Coz they make me feel strong and proud when I finish it, but again it all depends what kind of style u prefer...i recently tried to do Tae bo cardio by Billy Banks, wasn't really challenged but Khi Bae aerobic workout was fun and makes u break good sweat too.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I just got Beachbody on Demand which gives yout access to all their programs (800 + workouts?) Which I'm loving
  • catio23
    catio23 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Beachbody on Demand is great. Huge variety of workouts and only $99 for the whole year
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Pop sugar has a lot of different types of exercise videos. You can access them through YouTube.
    If you like Yoga, there are lots of yoga workouts on YouTube as well.
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender - Free on YouTube! They offer organized programs you can pay for ($15 or less), but you certainly don’t have to. I bought a program awhile back just to support them. They’re a couple that are passionate about fitness and they’re very motivational.

I have a Beachbody On Demand membership! I like the structure, plus I feel accomplished working through a program and finishing to the end. $40 a quarter.

There’s also Les Mills On Demand. I haven’t done it, but it’s fairly inexpensive. Just gotta have the equipment for it.

The Fitness Marshall on YouTube and Facebook has a selection of fun dance fitness videos to try!
  • noelr56
    Options
    neyagoal wrote: »
    When I just started,I knew I HAD to do excersise and I followed Fitness blender on YouTube.. Fairly good.. Then I descovered Jillian Michael's workouts and then I started to LOVE working out.. This was 3 years ago and I still return back to her videos Coz they make me feel strong and proud when I finish it, but again it all depends what kind of style u prefer...i recently tried to do Tae bo cardio by Billy Banks, wasn't really challenged but Khi Bae aerobic workout was fun and makes u break good sweat too.

have you found either Jillian Michaels or the Billy Banks on any of the free sites? I have done some of their videos in the past and enjoyed them!!
  • Rebecca81919
    Rebecca81919 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds videos when I can't get outside or to the gym 🚶‍♀️
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    P90x
    Pop Sugar- Jeannette
    Fitness Blender
    FitBodyByAshley
    Keaira Lashae
    Zumba- Shani

I sometimes look at YouTube workouts targeted to men because the ones targeted toward women are sometimes just too easy for me.
  • noelr56
    Options
    P90x
    Pop Sugar- Jeannette
    Fitness Blender
    FitBodyByAshley
    Keaira Lashae
    Zumba- Shani

I sometimes look at YouTube workouts targeted to men because the ones targeted toward women are sometimes just too easy for me.

I do the same thing!! sometimes the 'lady-branded' workouts don't involve as much strength training- which is something that I want!
  • neyagoal
    neyagoal Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    noelr56 wrote: »
    neyagoal wrote: »

have you found either Jillian Michaels or the Billy Banks on any of the free sites? I have done some of their videos in the past and enjoyed them!!

Yes, just Google search for jillian Michael's workouts.. Maybe they r deleted from YouTube but not from the Internet 😁 Billys workout s still available on YouTube as far as I know
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Another library fan here! In my area there are shelves of exercise DVD's. It's nice to be able to try all different things and figure out what I like. :)
  • koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you like Zumba but this is my youtube playlist for the more high energy stuff:

This is the more chilled out one: for cool downs / warm ups or days when I feel like moving, but not too energetically :)