Are baked chicken wings unhealthy?

2»

Replies

• etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Maybe not unhealthy but just wrong. Baked wings taste like *kitten*. They actually taste greasier than deep fried. Its deep fried or nothing imo.

Air Fried wings are excellent. not greasy at all ...and if you broil them in the oven, they come out really good that way too

Air frying them is the best! Almost the exact same as deep frying without the extra calories.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    I season chicken wings and put them in a BBQ to cook. When done, douse them with hot wing sauce and minced garlic and let them cook a few more minutes. Comes out delicious. I don't make it too often because of skin and fat content, i can have a bigger cut of skinless breast for less calories. I prefer to get my fats elsewhere. But once in awhile, no harm...
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    something being defined as healthy or unhealthy is subjective. Just eat what fits your macros/lifestyle
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    something being defined as healthy or unhealthy is subjective. Just eat what fits your macros/lifestyle

Exactly. For people of a certain weight (aka "fat"), weight itself and the reduction of it is by orders of magnitude the most important factor in healthy vs unhealthy. If you can eat a pile of skin-on chicken wings and lose weight doing it, that is healthy. If you gain weight doing it: that's unhealthy. So much of it has to do with what happens the rest of the day. Any meal can be healthy if it can be made to fit into the calorie quota.

As to fat vs carbs vs proteins, maybe that matters on some minuscule level, but as long as you're losing weight you're doin' it right. And it's much easier to lose weight when you eat the things you love, in calorie-controlled portions. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.