Afraid to drink water... NOT Rational

Options
brittlb07
brittlb07 Posts: 313 Member
edited August 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
This is going to sound crazy but at the end of the night as I approach bedtime I am afraid to drink even water. I am trying to get as low as I can so in the morning I am at an all time low. I should note I use Happy Scale and weigh daily to track trends (this works for me- please don’t suggest I not weigh daily- I’ve lost 25 pounds doing it this way!). I know if sounds rediculous but sometimes the scale jumps close to a pound after a large glass of water. My husband tells me I am crazy and I will eventually pee it out but it totally messes with my stats. And I panic my body is going to retain the water and bloat. I KNOW I am irrational about it but don’t know what to do. I even weigh my water before I drink it so I can subtract it from the scale at bedtime. I almost want to start always drinking a lot at night and just cause my stats to go up for a short time. Then I can compare apples to apples after drinking a large glass of water after my workout but before bed every night.

Does anyone else ever feel this way??? I wish you just instantly peed out the water lol.

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Your body needs water. Long term, this could be harmful. Please take care of yourself.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? How much weight are you trying to lose and in what time period? What are your current stats? Perhaps defining your goals will help you develop healthier habits that support your goals overall?

I understand the great feeling of that new low on the scale, but it sounds like you’ve developed behaviors consistent with addiction. You’re addicted to that new low scale weight. What would happen in your mind if the scale goes up a pound in the morning? How does that negate your progress so far?
  • Brunette122
    Brunette122 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Weighing your water...that is something I have never heard of on here. I hope this doesn’t come across as judgey but I think you have a slight obsession. I wish you luck.