Boys Like Magnets...*sigh*..

Options
TakeOne
TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
Let me just start by saying I know not all guys are like this. There are guys in my life who make me so happy and treat me like the best thing they've ever known. However...

Trying to figure out why I let some guys...okay one guy at the moment.. treat me like crap.. I can stay away from him and ignore him for like a month, two even...but then its right back in, well you know, together. He doesn't deserve me, for a number of reasons. Don't get me wrong, he has many wonderful qualities. Makes me feel so amazing a lot of the time. But he also knows how to completely do a 180 and make me want to cry. He's such a sweet talker I guess...I don't know. I have stepped backed and looked at this situation, with clear eyes, and I know I deserve somebody who only wants to make me happy and never wants to make me cry. I know that..I really do. But you know how some people just know exactly what buttons to push? Its like a magnetic drawl... I can't seem to get away entirely. Does this make since?? And I know I'm the one who needs to look out for my own happiness...which is why it sucks so much when I can see this cycle starting over....

Any thoughts/advice? Any body else feel this way about another person?

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Run, do not walk, and find yourself a deserving man.

Which is soooo much easier said than done, I realize :ohwell: But you know it's what you need to do in your gut!
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    file.php?40,file=20481,filename=Cursed-Magnets.jpg
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    A great therapist would be a good start.... :flowerforyou:
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options

Which is soooo much easier said than done, I realize :ohwell: But you know it's what you need to do in your gut!

What she said Hun. You deserve better.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    seriously. You can either make the mistake and waste your time on this guy or you can move on and make yourself available for a really great guy to come in to your life. Great guys come along once in a lifetime. "bad boys" are a dime a dozen. Know that you deserve a guy that worships you.
  • TakeOne
    Options
    My gut and my brain and my heart and whatever else just need to get on the same page..
  • TakeOne
    Options
    file.php?40,file=20481,filename=Cursed-Magnets.jpg

Haha..where on earth did you find this!?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You are his in-between person. He is with you when he isn't interested in anyone else. You are plan B.

I know this sounds unkind, but you need to re-discover your dignity.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    My gut and my brain and my heart and whatever else just need to get on the same page..

As they taught little girls in "The Help"

I is beautiful. I is smart. I is important.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I can not count the number of times I have heard a lady say or write "He really deep down is a sweetheart and will treat me good BUT..."

Never once has it worked out to a good end for the lady.
    He is either decent in all ways all the time (yes I know disagreements happen and tempers can flair,not the same thing) or he is not a person you need to be involved with.

If he tries to hurt you either physically or emotionally to control you then you will have nothing but heartache.
    No person,male or female deserves that kind of life.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    You are his in-between person. He is with you when he isn't interested in anyone else. You are plan B.

I know this sounds unkind, but you need to re-discover your dignity.

You are wise.

Don't put yourself on the clearance rack, sista.
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options

What she said Hun. You deserve better.

What they said! Just think of him as a bad habit...you've been successful making changes to improve your health and fitness, just apply that same focus to dropping him! ;) But seriously, you deserve the best; don't settle for an *kitten*!
  • roxygrissom
    Options
    Hmm....check out a book on self esteem, read it, apply it and get rid of this loser. When we feel bad about ourselves it is easy to accept and be around people who are not kind to us...because we receive the negative feedback from them that agrees with what we feel about ourselves.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Let me just start by saying I know not all guys are like this. There are guys in my life who make me so happy and treat me like the best thing they've ever known. However...

Trying to figure out why I let some guys...okay one guy at the moment.. treat me like crap.. I can stay away from him and ignore him for like a month, two even...but then its right back in, well you know, together. He doesn't deserve me, for a number of reasons. Don't get me wrong, he has many wonderful qualities. Makes me feel so amazing a lot of the time. But he also knows how to completely do a 180 and make me want to cry. He's such a sweet talker I guess...I don't know. I have stepped backed and looked at this situation, with clear eyes, and I know I deserve somebody who only wants to make me happy and never wants to make me cry. I know that..I really do. But you know how some people just know exactly what buttons to push? Its like a magnetic drawl... I can't seem to get away entirely. Does this make since?? And I know I'm the one who needs to look out for my own happiness...which is why it sucks so much when I can see this cycle starting over....

Any thoughts/advice? Any body else feel this way about another person?
    Is your father this way?
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options
    Run away and don't turn around. To him you're just an option and you should never be someone elses option..
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    You.Deserve.BETTER

I know how hard it is to leave. My ex husband abused me in every way you can abuse a person. I woke up one morning and thought "what the hell am I doing? No one deserves to be treated this way" I left him, moved back in with my parents and started the agonizing divorce process.

Now it's 5 years later and I'm happier than I've ever been. I remarried and my husband is everything that my ex never was and so much more. No one can do it for you hun. You have to make the decision and realize that no one is responsible for your happiness except you. *Hugs*

Ever heard the song "Pearl" by Katy Perry? Youtube it. I think it will inspire you :smile:

Or better yet, here's a link with the lyrics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6Y4y6ka3y4
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSCFAP80ev92Ojnc0uoxuXQNr1jHz655iCdgCJibXndcDu7511

Sorry...I had to :tongue:
  • TakeOne
    Options
    I promise that I don't have some kinda extremely low self-esteem. It's hard to put everything into a short sweet paragraph.. Just doesn't fit that way. He and I are both aware of what we are to each other. I think the problem is that it's for different reasons. *sigh* I've been married, I'm NOT looking to do that again, but I also don't want to be alone all the time. I'm not sure what kinda commitment I want/need to be honest, but I know isn't legally binding. I think I'm also paranoid of guys who are looking for a marriage/family/etc. In a way I guess we're both each others plan B...except I just know its not right...that whole feeling in your gut?

Thanks everyone for your kind, honest words.

Sorry..LOL...make that isn't legally binding!
  • TakeOne
    Options
    I can not count the number of times I have heard a lady say or write "He really deep down is a sweetheart and will treat me good BUT..."

Never once has it worked out to a good end for the lady.
    He is either decent in all ways all the time (yes I know disagreements happen and tempers can flair,not the same thing) or he is not a person you need to be involved with.

If he tries to hurt you either physically or emotionally to control you then you will have nothing but heartache.
    No person,male or female deserves that kind of life.

True true...thanks for reminding me to look ahead. This guy, the whole guy, is not what I want in my future. I need to focus on that I guess.
  • TakeOne
    Options
    You.Deserve.BETTER

I know how hard it is to leave. My ex husband abused me in every way you can abuse a person. I woke up one morning and thought "what the hell am I doing? No one deserves to be treated this way" I left him, moved back in with my parents and started the agonizing divorce process.

Now it's 5 years later and I'm happier than I've ever been. I remarried and my husband is everything that my ex never was and so much more. No one can do it for you hun. You have to make the decision and realize that no one is responsible for your happiness except you. *Hugs*

Ever heard the song "Pearl" by Katy Perry? Youtube it. I think it will inspire you :smile:

Or better yet, here's a link with the lyrics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6Y4y6ka3y4

Can't believe I've never heard that song before! Thank you for sharing :)